Chapter 15

Chapter 15- Haylee's POV

I woke up because of the muffling sound of tiny whispers, directed towards no one. When I first opened my eyes, my glance shifted unto the dull hospital room clock- which indicated that it was barely five o'clock in the morning. Extremely early. What I focused on next was my mom and Natalia, both laying on the couch. Natalia extremely comfortable sleeping, while my mom sitting up-straight, grinning at her phone's screen.

"Mom, what the fuck are you doing with your phone at 5 am? You seem the teenager I am supposed to be." I said, honestly irritated that I had woken up at this time in the morning because of stupid maternity texts with someone. My mom did not really care if I swore, mainly because I had cancer. The perks were real.

"I was just texting your dad, he is finally coming tomorrow, but you are completely right. I better go to sleep right now." My mom said, chuckling a bit. I smiled, my dad was finally going to come visit me. I was about to answer, but she lay down and closed her eyes.

My mom shifted of place a bit, but within five minutes she was fast asleep. I moved from left to right, trying to close my eyes. My bed was very comfortable, and yet I did not feel like having the pleasure to sink into it and sleep. I looked around the room: the window open, the clock ticking, medical bills on the couch, medicine on my nightstand, Nat snoring, my mom completely out of this world, the screen of a phone glowing...

I cautiously lifted myself up from my bed, and put my slippers on. I seemed to be guided by the faint glow of light being emitted from a 2012 old cellphone. Step by step, I reached the phone. I grasped unto it as if it were some type of precious gold, when in reality I was just being nosy. I layed on my bed, the phone's screen getting closer to my face, and I internally debating on whether or not to read my mom's private texts with the man who I got half my genes from. I decided that cancer perks allowed me to be nosy.

Now you see, it might be about 5:30 am in the morning, and I'm laying down on a blue bed, reading some texts- which are occasionally making me shed a couple of tears. The main theme needs to be obviously me. The conversation evolved this way:

Mom- She is missing you a little, I guess. The conversation was initially started by me, not a hello or something, just Haylee.

Dad- Alright, I'll go visit soon. It's just that I need to work my ass off for those bills. A little of whinning coming from my dad, indicating that he was really unhappy about needing to work to much to pay off my stupid medical bills. I would also be.

Mom- Agreed, it's a bit exausting probably. Remember, soon you won't have to work that much. 'Soon you won't have to work that much,' indicated that he did not need to work extra for the goal of paying my bills; no more bills, meant no more hospital, which meant death. My death had been hinted by my mom in an indirect way.

Dad- I would honestly be relieved, but I just love her too much, Leslie. Awww dad what you told my mom, Leslie, is honestly just so cute. Helping me get distracted from the fact that you would be relieved by my death.

Mom- Same, honey. I understand you, I feel the exact same way. Well, mom, thank you very much for feeling relieved with my death-if, of course, it were to happen.

After that last text I stopped reading those texts. First of all, they were obviously meant to not be read by me. Second, obviously by being nosy and reading them, I gained a taste of my own medicine and found myself bawling over five texts. A box of Kleenex later, I found myself still tempted to read those texts.

No, do not do it, Haylee.

I told myself, I felt curious, but I did not want to get hurt again. Hurt by the two people I love the most.

~~~~~~~~

luv y'all, stay beautiful and never change for anyone. bc you are loved just the way ur.