Chapter 19

Chapter 19- Haylee's POV

I sat on the dull red couch of my hospital room, staring at my phone's notification-full screen. Apparently Nash just tweeted me and I just cannot focus on him because today, Saturday June 7th, I was meeting my sunshine. Shawn Mendes. Today he will walk through the door, a grin on his face, his arms extended towards me: welcoming me to a warm hug, against his strong chest.

Silly Haylee stop imagining those scenarios, please. You know what he will think once he crosse the door: sorrow. He will feel bad for you, maybe a bit guilty. And he probably will give you a hug, but out of pity. Finally, I shifted the glance off my phone, to just shift my eyes across all the hormone-filled room. Everyone was on their phone, antisocials. I could not deny the fact that I was not on my phone either, because I was just a second ago. I could view the whole room: Carter looking at Mary Cate out of the corner of his eye, he doing the usual: texting her boyfriend, Paul; Leah, Savannah, Jacob, Hayes, Kayla, Tye, Ally, and Mahogany were involved in a goofy conversation; then Anna and Aaron were having a silent conversation- just them two, love birds; just Nat and Nash were left, sitting right beside each other, laughing. Those two seemed to hit it right off.

No one was too focused on the fact that Shawn Peter Raul Mendes could enter this room at any second now, the rest of the guys' flights were landing later: at noon. But now desperate teenagers were all packed up in a room at 9 am, just waiting for someone to cross the door.

Or at least I was the only one desperate. The guys and Mahogany had seen Shawn a million of times before, the girls' didn't have the same sunshine as me. I had this huge attraction towards Shawn, and not only attraction but I was in love with him. I know, most people won't believe me. But it is true. Shawn Mendes has made me smile more than anyone else, he has helped me through thick and thin with out even knowing I exist. Shawn Mendes has helped me be encouraged, and has told me that better days are coming soon. Shawn Mendes has taught me everything I know, and has loved me like no one else did before. And today I was finally going to meet the reason why I have not given up.

The door burst open, everyone stared at the blonde girl at the door frame. She was grinning, and had tears welled up in her eyes. Somehow she looked very familiar, but I did not know exactly from where. Then it hit me: Shawn had tweeted about her, with her too. I've crept on her so many times, fearing she was Shawn's girlfriend, her name was McKenzie. She was so beautiful in person: her blonde hair was silky, her brown eyes were shining, and her perfect skin seemed to have not a single deformation at all. I had envied this girl so much, but up close she had a warm smile. She did seem kind enough to be Shawn's girlfriend. Then I thought: Anyone could be Shawn's girlfriend, but you- you're not good enough. You're just a dirty blonde, vulnerable cancer freak while he is the most magnificent thing God had created and showed upon our eyes.

Then the door was shifted again. In suspense, everyone looked at the door. It was Shawn Mendes, entering the room just how I had imagined it so many times- except with a small backpack slouched over his shoulder. His arms were extended towards me, we were both grinning. I guess by only looking at me he could recognize how I was the one with cancer. He gave me what was possibly the best hug ever in the history of humanity.

But out of pity, added a small voice in my head that did not want to fully admit it either.

~~~~

I love yall! And they met! Short note, sorry. Stay beautiful! Thank you for all the reads, comments & votes. Comment what you thought 💕

Ily xoxo,

Nat