Chapter 16

Chapter 16- Haylee's POV

I could not even look at my dad once he entered my room. He hugged me, not knowing that I had read all about it. It being their mild hate towards their one and only daughter.

"How have you been, Hayls?" He asked, sitting on the empty couch Natalia and my mom had left. Considering that they both went to the pharmacy-to buy me medicine- and then they were going to eat breakfast together. The Magcon guys and Mahogany were not going to be here until noon, and that was only if they wanted to come. I had to stay alone with my dad for like four hours, and just pretend nothing had happened.

"Fine, dad. A lot of things are going on, you know? The Magcon guys came here yesterday and I had a blast, I have also texted a lot..." and read texts, I added in my mind.

"Oh! Great, Hayls. I was just wondering, where is your mom?" Dad asked, a smile on his face- like usually everyday.

"She left. Pharmacy." I said, quiet.

"New meds?" He asked.

"No, I just ran out of them." I said. Them as in that supposedly, magical pills that would make my colon function perfectly well again.

"Do you know if your mom took enough money?" He asked, startled. The lack of money subject rising again.

"I guess she did. Natalia and her were also going to eat break fast. I felt like waiting for you, and not leave with them," I said. Lies, lies, lies. They never invited me, but as a matter of fact I wasn't awake by that time either. I only knew they had left because Nat had been nice enough to send me a text informing me.

"Oh great, darling." My dad said, with the knowledge that I had always liked being called darling. It was something comforting, soothing.

~Flashback~

"The child needs to leave the room, Mr. Richardson." Dr. Dolly said firmly. My mom held my hand and pulled me out of the dull hospital room.

We sat on blue plastic chairs, playing rock, paper, scissors as it is was my favorite game. I was beating my mom, and was going berserk about it- as a ten year old it was like winning the lottery.

My dad came out of the room. A little too much seriousness on his face, he was killing the vibe. My mom immediately stood up, a hand on her mouth. My dad leaned in to my mom, tears welling up in his loving green eyes, and whispered something delicately into my mom's ear. She sobbed hard, and looked pale. Then she turned around and hugged him, while crying- as a woman, she was way more delicate and was not even trying to hide the anguish she was feeling.

"Trevor." She whispered to my dad, loud enough so that I could hear.

Then she got closer to me- little Haylee sitting on a chair, greatly confused because she though she was so innocent, only wanting to win a simple game. She knelt down, just laid her face on my small thighs. Her tears were getting my pants so wet and she was also crying so loudly, to the extent were everyone in the Doctor's waiting room was staring at how a grown lady was laying on her daughter, just crying. They were confused about her sobs, and so was I.

"Mo...mom, what's wrong?" I asked shyly, worried about her reaction. Her face lifted up from my legs, only to look at her pale face with red cheeks, eyes so tear-filled and red, also her small nose sounding covered, mocus. My mom moved her head up to mine, sighed deeply, and bit her lips as a sign of nervousness. She held my hand.

"Haylee, you have cancer." My mom told me. Is this a joke? I asked myself. Then it hit me: parents would not joke about this. My mom's thumb was touching my face lightly, I didn't quite know why until I realized that I was crying.

At that point my dad came over, and kneeled beside me. He held my hand and kissed it- as if I were some type of princess, and maybe in his eyes I was. Then I heard the most encouraging words I have ever been told:

"It is all going to be fine, darling."

~~~~

2day imma upload a new fanfic on my profile, just if you wanna go check that out ltr

u guys amaze me so much like ummm this hit 4k? that's just crazy. i always get shocked at all of this tbh