Chapter 24

Chapter 24- Haylee's POV

The door of my hospital flung open at 7 pm sharp, to classy teenage boys. Not tux-elegant but they did dress way more elegant than usual. They looked so attractive, you just wanted to make out with them by barely looking at them.

I was talking to Mary Cate, but we both stopped emitting words from the shock. They looked so handsome, Mary Cate could even realize that. Nash, Shawn, and Carter started walking towards us. I was really nervous. Shawn might ask me to be his date.

Breath in, breath out, Haylee. It's quite simple.

No it isn't when your sunshine might ask you out, said my other me.

"Hayl-" Shawn's pronunciation of my name was cut off by Carter.

"Mary Cate would you be my date for the neon party?" He asked, a bit shyly while grinning. He did not know she had a boyfriend. Oh, poor of Carter.

"I'm sorry, but my boyfriend's going to the event. So I told him I was going to be his date." Said Mary Cate, quietly. She tried her best not to say no in a mean way. She was really nice about it. The problem is that Mary Cate doesn't know how much Carter loves her.

"It's fine. Don't worry." Said Carter, swallowing saliva and trying to sound un-harmed. But he was hurt. He was hurt, knowing that his crush had a boyfriend.

Suddenly, Nash grabbed me from the waist, and whispered into my ear in his natural beautiful voice the best words I've heard in my life- well, right after Shawn's 'I love you.'

"Would you be my date to the party?" Nash asked. I was extremely happy, but for a moment I wished it was Shawn who had asked me that. I was not complaining. I was pleased with the breathtaking, blue-eyed brunet.

"Of course, Nash." I said, hugging him. For a split moment, I hoped Shawn was somehow jealous. But why would he? As an average fangirl, I was doomed with him noticing me. Then cancer kicked in, even less chances.

Plus Nash had asked me out because of pity, probably. So I should not act as if it was or wedding or something. But just act chill.

"Guys, it's time to go." Said Taylor, obviously eager. With a neon bandana tied around his forehead.

"Alright." Said Hayes, whispering something into Kayla's ear, to which she nodded.

So we all left the hospital, all of us with a date- Nash and I locking arms. Even Carter, who had agreed to go out with McKenzie. Shawn was going out with Jasmine, and it was to expect. We were the complete opposite. She was beautiful, and then there was me. Common Cancer Haylee Richardson.

We packed our selves in two cars. Cam and Leah- who were going to the party together, as a date- drove the two cars to the venue. Laughing the whole way, this boys are so funny. Once we got there, it was all out doors. A beautiful garden decorated with neon everywhere it was astounding.

They asked us for invitations and we gave them to the guard. After that they let us in. We immediately all started dancing in the huge group of ours. I got extremely tired in barely the first hour. So I went and sat on the neon yellow couch. I drank some juice, and stared into the dance floor. Anna and Aaron were laughing at their silly dances.

Mary Cate was being extremely sweet to Paul- who I had discovered was a rude, self-centered snob. But Mary Cate was crazy for him.

Leah and Cam were enjoying a talk with Mahogany.

Taylor and Ally were dancing happily together.

Kayla and Hayes were whispering things to each other and laughing.