Chapter 21

Chapter 21- Haylee's POV
A few hours passed, when an unknown nurse with the name tag of "Sarah" came into the room. She guided all of us into the "Rest room," which was usually empty and only used for the relaxation of elders, where Shawn was going to perform. And Jacob, plus the Jacks.
We all sat criss-cross on the ground staring unto the Canadian boy sitting on the stool, leaning into the small microphone. He held his guitar tightly, against his strong chest- placing fingers on different chords, cautiously. He took his glance off the guitar strings, looked straight into the audience, us.
I could recognize the first strums as one of my favorite songs: Say Something. His mouth opened, he started to emit the words of the song so flawlessly, to the same rhythm of the A Great Big World featuring Christina Aguilera song.
His voice gave me shivers all over my body. Shawn's voice was so flawless- and so was him. I shut my eyes for a second, I felt the vibrations. It was the first time ever I could feel the song. And we all knew Shawn's song was marvelous, but right now, right now I could finally experience that marvelous voice.
And that experience was just the best thing that had ever happened to me.
The tears welled up in my eyes. His voice sounded so much better live. His voice was still so perfect on tape, but live was just so overwhelming. I finally opened my eyes, he was staring right at me. That made me lose it, and blush right there. I just closed my eyes again, hoping not to seem a dork again in front of perfect Shawn.
I kept my eyes closed for the next two songs: Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran and Counting Stars by One Republic.
Time seemed to fly. The performances really weren't that long either, I guess he wanted to make it more personal than usual. Everyone applauded as Shawn stood up from the stool and handed his guitar to Jacob. Now while Jacob sat on the stool, Shawn sat beside me. To the background music of Lego House, sung-obviously- by the talented Jacob Whitesides, Shawn touched my hand lightly.
It was an accident obviously, because as soon as he noticed he shifted his hand off mine- flushing, and with a goofy look on his face, while mouthing the word 'sorry' not wanting to interrupt Jacob's performance; I nodded in reply.
But that instant changed me forever. I blushed too, but I tried to seem casual and just shifted my glance to Jacob. He was totally in another world while singing 'Ho Hey' by the Lumineers. Jacob was staring at Savannah as if she was the only person in the whole entire girl.
Imagine just being stared at like that by someone.
That would be the day you maybe realized someone was in love with you.
Because I somehow knew how Jacob felt this towards Savannah.
I knew how he could just stare at her for hours.
How he thought in his own little mind that she was the most beautiful and flawless person ever, although broken.
How he could help her not be broken anymore.
By mending her with his love.
How he, although only knowing her for short time, knew all her flaws.
And embraced them.
And that was what love consisted of.
And I wanted to feel that.
~~
Hey beauties! How is everyone doing? I hope well :) I received the cutest message ever on Wattpad and, if you are reading this, know that I love you. As well as all of you: I love you guys so much.
Feel free to comment, vote, and send me messages. I love feedback.
Stay flawless.
I love you. Xoxo,
The Nat💜
Ps- The Jacks are performing next chapter, so be looking forward to that :)