Chapter 47

Chapter 47- Haylee's POV
Packing up at five in the morning I found so frustrating. I was half asleep, but I was so eager. Shawn and I had been a couple for days, exactly a week. I swore Shawn was the cutest boyfriend ever, always being such a gentleman. He made me smile.
Anyway, you must be wondering why I'm actually packing? The reason is simple, it's Shawn's birthday in two days. Shawn had been away from his parents for almost the whole summer, and so he wanted to go back to Canada for his birthday. As he said, all the guys were his family, so they're going too- as well as all the gals, and well, me. My mom only let me go because she knew that Shawn made me happy very well. It took us a couple of hours to convince my dad, but he finally accepted- with the conditions of me taking my pills, and to come back in five days.
The door opened to my mom and Shawn, both smiling warmly. I pulled my massive suitcase- I'm a girl, I love clothes- and wobbled towards them, considering it was quite heavy. Since Shawn saw I was struggling, he headed towards me. He gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek, and then pulled my suitcase over. All three of us left to the reception, where we started saying goodbye to my mom- unfortunately my dad could not make it for the goodbye.
Shawn and I get in the taxi, and I can't stop thinking about how in like two days he himself could be able to drive.
"Why so serious, darling?" He asked, holding my hand.
I smile at him. "I don't know, Shawn. I'm just so tired, and I also...I don't know." I chuckle at my stupidity.
Suddenly 'Ho Hey' by the Lumineers started playing in the taxi, and it felt as if we were in a High School Musical scene. I laugh a bit, as Shawn sings every word of the song not giving a fuck of the taxi driver staring at him. He also added a bit of dance steps to his singing.
He was willing to make himself look like a fool to make me happy.
I smiled, and gave him a short kiss on the lips. He smiled during the kiss.
I took the phone off my short's back pocket. I started going through my twitter, the fan account, I had not been in it for a while.
"Hey, take a selfie with me, Shawny Bunny?" I smiled, proposing him the idea. He laughed, knowing that's how McKenzie called him, but not me.
"Of course." He smiled, kissed me on the cheek and I took the photo while he did so.
I smile looking at the picture. "It's perfect." He kisses my cheek again, not for a picture or anything. He ruffles my wet hair- as I had just taken a shower- and smiles at me.
"You will never know how much I love you." He places his hand across my stomach, launching more butterflies in it.
"I might never know, but what I do know is that I love you more." I opened the twitter app on my phone, and quickly tweeted the picture with the caption 'I miss the other n in @ShawnMendes.'
Shawn giggled. "The double n." He retweeted the picture of us. We both put our phones away.
"Haylee, would you come see me at a concert, a charity even?" He smiled.
"Of course, Shawn, what a silly question." Suddenly his face expression shifted, a more serious one.
"It's for-" he swallowed some saliva, nervously. "Kids with cancer."
"I'll still go it's no prob you badass boy." I smiled at him, I'd do anything to spend time with him- especially considering he'd soon be starting school again, and our relationship would be a long distance one.
"I'm glad you accepted." He grabbed my hand, placing it on his thigh. "Then we're having a dinner at my parents' house."
I was a bit nervous honestly. I bet Shawn's parents were two great individuals, but I had never met them. I wondered what they'd think of me, if they'd like me or hate me. If they would want Shawn to break up with me.
He probably saw my worried look. "Hey don't you worry. I'm here for you, sweetheart." He kissed my forehead slowly, making me feel better.
"We're here already." Said the taxi driver, irritated by us. I giggled, as Shawn handed him the money. We got our suitcases off the trunk, and walked to a spot full of loud teenagers.
"Oh, well look who finally decided to show up!" Exclaimed Jasmine, laughing at her sudden taunting for us two.
"I wonder what they were actually doing." Matt cocked an eyebrow, making me flush.
"It's like five in the morning Matthew Lee, I cannot deal with your comments right now." Said Natalia, really tired. She usually did not wake up early at all. That shut him up, ashamed.
Mary Cate giggled. "I know you liked it. I know you like him."
"Just shut up." Nat said, her head down from embarrassment.
Matt smiled like a fool.
"Let's just go to the check in or I don't even know how you call it." Taylor said, grabbing Ally dedicatedly.
As soon as we went through all the security, we reached gate A-32. We all started chattering about none sense, we also took a couple of selfies, the guys also did their pathetic jokes, and at some point we picked on Nat and Matt not being together. Every moment with the guys was just so hilarious.
We boarded the plane, and sat on our assigned seats- of two people. Of course, I had to be beside Shawn. I was not protesting or anything, it was fantastic. I smiled, as we took of and Shawn was already sleeping on my shoulder- after all it was still 5 am- as well as pretty much everyone in out little clique. Except for Nat, who was rows away, probably watching the re-runs of the World Cup, which Germany had won; her and her soccer obsession.
I had nothing else to do, so I grabbed my notebook and started writing on it.
"Dear notebook,
I know I have not written in this diary in a long time, and I do apologize. I do have a legit excuse, though. I met a boy, Shawn Mendes- yes, the boy I have written so much about his perfection in this pages over the past couple of months. Shawn makes me so happy, happier than anyone ever has. He makes me feel special and loved. He is the best that has ever happened to me. Who ever thought the one and only Shawn Mendes would fall for me? I just hope he never leaves my side, that I was never a charity event. That he does actually love me as much as he says he does
Your one and only,
Hayls."
I stopped writing once the alert that we could turn our phones started beeping. Gladly, I turned on my iPhone and started skimming through twitter. My notifications were basically blowing up, and I was now at 20k because of Shawn retweeting my tweets, tweeting me, DMing me, and stuff. I blushed because I still fangirl about it sometimes.
I had figured people knew I was Shawn's girlfriend, but I rarely checked twitter- so I saw no rant or hate.
I went through all of my mentions after Shawn retweeted my tweet the one about lacking the n and our selfie. Some comments were extremely cute, and made me smile.
"I really do ship you guys #shaylee."
I replied, "I love you a lot."
"Why are you so beautiful?"
I replied, "Tell me why you are so beautiful? Are you up for a face swap?"
I kept replying to fans' sweet comments. They were the best, I smiled like a dork reading all the comments.
Suddenly, my mentions filled with hate comments.
"You fugly piece of shit, go back to your little hospital and die."
"Hey I hope you get cancer and die. Oops lol, you already have cancer."
"Get away from Shawn you stupid whore!"
"You're so ugly, I literally just puked on myself."
"Get away from my man. He doesn't love you, you're his charity event and you don't deserve him."
"You're literally a bitch, I can't stand you. Get away from Shawn before your cancer spreads unto him."
"I'm gonna track you down, and God knows what I'll do to you."
"You literally look so horrible in every picture I see of you."
"I hate you."
I spent hours reading the hate comments, sobbing to myself. Luckily I needed to turn off my phone off for the landing. The alert woke Shawn up.
He glanced at me, worried at my bawling. "Honey, what's wrong?"
I stuttered, trying to pace my breathings. "Your fans. They hate me."
"What did they say?" He said embracing me, and kissing my forehead.
"They...they told me I was ugly, horrible, stupid. That they wanted me to die, that they hated me. That you should stay away from me." I sob harshly on his shoulder.
"Haylee you are none of those things. You are beautiful, bold, wise, magnificent, smart. You are my world. And I'm sorry they hate on you. I'm so, so sorry. It hurts me as much as it hurts you; even more because I cannot stand for you to be hurt. I love you, Haylee. You define yourself, and not everyone else. And I love you, an that's all you should care about." He said, whispering it into my ear, ruffling my hair carefully.
I wipe my tears away, with a Kleenex I found in my backpack. "Thank you, badass boy. I love you so much." He joined our lips in a passionate kiss, making me feel secure about myself.
He hugged me for the rest of the trip, taking great care of me. He whispered song lyrics into my ear. I was happy, and so was he.
We soon landed in Toronto, and we got off the plane. Shawn and I waited at the gate for the rest of the group for about five minutes.
"Are you cold, honey?" He asked, placing his hands on my shoulders.
"Actually I am a bit, but I left my sweatshirt inside my suitcase." I shivered a bit, it was not as warm in Toronto as I had expected and the airport had an extremely cold air conditioning system.
"Here have mine." He took off his Magcon tour black sweatshirt, and handed it to me. I put it on, it was a bit big on me, but I liked it.
"Thanks, Shawn." I gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"Oh, what do we have here?" Smirked Cameron, making us giggle.
"Let's just go." Aaron urged us chuckling while holding Anna's hand.
We exited the airport with our suitcases. Everyone holding hands with their couple. Even Matt and Nat, which I considered sweet- although I knew they weren't a couple yet. A bunch of paparazzis were waiting for us at the parking lot, it was a bit creepy. Although Shawn was now this huge superstar- and my boyfriend- I was still not quite used to all of this.
We got into a massive bus, and rode off to a hospital. The bus was all giggles and dancing and singing. It was quite hilarious, frankly. I also admired the Canadian scenery a lot, it was beautiful.
We reached the hospital, left the bus parked- along with all of out suitcases in the car, we were all going to stay at Shawn's house, it was going to be crazy. But Shawn told me that his parents and I were going to a fancy French restaurant for dinner, alone just us four.
As I entered the hospital, holding Shawn's hand, I saw a small girl running around with a barbie in her hand at the reception. She had a huge smile on her face, and yet looked quite fragile. She was about eight or so, and completely beautiful with those enigmatic- Nash style- blue eyes. And yet, she was bald and pale. I knew it right away, she had cancer.
I could see myself reflected in her.
~~~~~~
Sorry for the late update. I want to inform everyone I'm like halfway through the fanfic! I'm like 12k away from 100k and that's totally crazy. Man, I love y'all a lot. Next chapter's dedication goes to a random comment btw.
Thanks for 1.2k reads on Tallies too! If you haven't read it, it's on my profile.
s/o to: Joanna! Everyone go check her Cam Dallas fanfic, Run Over By Dallas on her profile MyBodyMyRules, I swear I'm so in love with it. I love her a lot!
Chapter's dedication: gk_mahone. I love you a lot. Thank you for all the support, beautiful.
OK GUYS COMMENT & VOTE & ALL THAT JAZZ!
I love y'all so much beauties,
nat