Chapter 22-SM

Chapter 22- Shawn's POV

I could not stop thinking on how I had just held Haylee's hand seconds ago. I was embarrassed by the fact that I did, so I tried to pretend it was an accident- when it really was not. I kept looking at her, while Jacob was performing his last song.

From the corner of my eye, you could see how perfect she was. Her lips moving to the rhythm of the song, while she was also swaying her thin body from left to right. Tye, to the right of me, touched my shoulder and whispered into my ear "Do you need a bucket?"

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Because you are drooling a little too much." She said, laughing.

I only smiled, not wanting to contradict or favor her statement. If I somehow were to do that, Tye would forever mock me about Haylee. That would not be pleasing, more if she were to discover that I somehow was crushing over her, and I had only known her for a day!

And although I physically knew her until today, I felt that I had known her for a long time. As if she had always sort of been there; with me.

Or maybe she had never been with me. All this time I had lacked her in my life, and now she was finally here.

Now I could finally love her.

As Jacob finished his song, everyone applauded. I did not exactly know which song he had just sung- because of being distracted by Haylee- but I bet it was great, so I clapped along too.

Next were the Jacks, who both stood up. They started to perform 'Flights,' that one was personally my favorite one from the Jacks. They only performed one song- when Jacob and I performed three- I could've guessed it was because Gilinsky always got nervous performing live. It was shoking, considering people sometimes considered him self-centered, but he was really the complete opposite.

Everyone loves Jack Gilinsky.

And if you don't love Jack Gilinsky...

"Is Jack actually nice? He sort of seems like a dick. A hot dick." Whispered Tye into my ear, interrupting my thoughts.

"He's chill." I said.

We'll make you love Jack Gilinsky.

The song finished and we all clapped simultaneously. I grinned, and everyone started exiting the small room. Ally and I were the last ones left, then I noticed a black and red sweatshirt laying on the ground. I was about to grab it, but I didn't know whose it was, although I could recognize it.

"Ally whose is this?" I asked, a few steps behind her.

She turned around at the door frame, looking directly at me. "It's Haylee's. I can take it to her if you want." She said, smiling widely, thinking she'd do me a favor.

"No thanks I can take it to her." I really wanted to do it, it was an excuse to talk to her. As her and I had never had a one-on-one conversation, and in the huge group she had barely talked.

"Of course. Now I got to run to the bathroom." She gave me a smirk, and left jogging. So, I grabbed the sweatshirt with my hand, and suddenly someone came rushing into the room. Haylee.

"Haylee, I believe this is yours." I said grinning,internally debating whether I had used the correct words to make her feel comfortable or not. I hope I had. I really wanted to talk to her, and not seem a fucking bastard to her.

"Yes, it is mine. I had just come to get it. Thank you, Shawn. You are such a sweet heart." Haylee said with that melodic voice I had not heard before.

"You are the sweet heart." I said chuckling, and she did too.

"You are so talented, Mendes." She said punching my arm in a friendly way. It's so cliche to say this, but it felt like electricity. And yet not like that exactly, it went beyond that.

"Thank you, Haylee. It means so much." I said, finally us two reaching the hallway.

"I love you." She looked embarrassed by the sudden blurt. She probably said it before thinking about it. "I mean, I do. You're my sunshine, Mendes. You have really helped me through so much- more than any doctor or nurse could. You are like the only reason I'm willing to wake up in the morning for. I...appreciate everything you have ever done for me. I will be eternal grateful for your existence, which saved mine. I love you so much, more than you will ever know."

As soon as the last word came from her mouth, I grabbed her waist and hugged her tightly. We were both sobbing. I was her sunshine, she loved me. It all felt so good.

I stroked her hair with my hand, and whipped her tears with my thumb. Then I hugged her again, and-in the middle of the hospital hallway- I whispered to her what I truly felt.

"I love you."

But she probably thought I did not love her in that way.

But I do.

~~~~

I really felt inspired today, so I tried to take my time to write all of this. I love y'all beauties so much. I hope you had a fantastic day.

Lots of love,

Nat