Chapter 49

Chapter 49- Haylee's POV
"I promise I'll come visit you, Bella." I smiled at the tiny reflection of me.
"With Shawn too, right?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow.
"If he wants to, maybe he doesn't want to come." I say.
"If you tell him to come he will definitely come." The eight year old girl says, laughing.
"Maybe that is true." I reply.
"He loves you a lot, Haylee." She says in her small, vulnerable voice.
"I hope so." I sigh, shaking my head.
"I really think so." She laughed at her insistency, and I laughed too.
"Okay I guess so. But now bye Bella." I hugged the little girl who I have built a strong relationship within hours only.
We left the hospital, and went in the bus. The bus ride to Shawn's house was a bit too wild- containing dancing, singing, and chattering- but enjoyable, as I was laying my head on Shawn's shoulder.
Soon we reached his house, and got all the luggage off the trunk. We paid the man, and got in Shawn's house.
"Mom, I'm home!" Almost instantly a brunette, blue-eyed woman came rushing downstairs and hugged Shawn as if they hadn't seen each other in a million years.
"I'm glad." She kissed his cheek multiple times, making us all laugh.
"Mom." He said it once, trying to make her stop. "Mom." He said once again. "Mom!!!!" He finally exclaimed, making her stop kissing his cheeks. We laughed- including Mrs. Mendes and Shawn.
"Where's Aaliyah?" Shawn asked, referring to his beloved sister.
"Playing some hockey." She grinned, happy Shawn was back.
"That's fantastic. Mom you already know the guys, but here are the gals." Shawn pointed at each of us, going left to right- and he pronounced our names while pointing at us. Shawn finished of with me, the last one to the right. "And, mom, this is Haylee- my girlfriend." He smiled and so did she.
"Nice to meet you, Mrs.Mendes." I said, hugging her as she had initially done.
"Mandy, if you want." She smiled warmly.
"Of course." I smiled back.
I really had to impress her, and yet be myself.
"You guys can go settle yourselves in Shawn's room, and the girls will be sleeping in the living room. Is that alright?" She smiled politely.
"It's perfect, thank you so much." Mary Cate said, finally releasing Cartah's hand.
We settled ourselves in the living room, where some sleeping bags were laying on the different couches and some already on the ground. I picked a pink sleeping back, and left my suitcase on top of it.
"I swear she's the sweetest." Said Leah, obviously referring to Mandy.
"Your mother in law, Hayls" Giggled Mary Cate, making all of us laugh hysterically.
"Technically yes." I laughed, feeling some type of embarrassment and yet pridefulness.
"Girls, guys, dinner's ready." Announced Mandy, kindly.
We reached the dinner table, and it was full of different plates of Chinese food. They scent filled my nostrils, and my stomach growled.
"Carter, rice boy, did you cook these for us?" Laughed Cam.
"Shut the-" Carter stopped himself before he could curse in front of Shawn's mom. "Just shut up." Carter made us laugh quite hard.
"Everyone can serve themselves." Mandy announced, chuckling after the little comedy show Carter and Cameron had.
I started serving myself some rice with meat on my plate, but soon I feel two hands on my waist.
"Better don't eat, honey. We're gonna eat dinner with my parents at the French restaurant. Remember?" Whispered Shawn in my ear, I nodded.
"Is it going to be like fancy?" I asked, louder than a whisper.
"I'm so fancy, you already know." Said Nat, clicking her tongue and doing some weird gun signs with her hands.
What I get for speaking loudly.
Everyone laughed hard. "Oh my god." Laughed Matt so hard, and even Mandy who was sitting on a chair in the corner, calmly.
"Yes, it's fancy." He said, smiling.
"I'll go dress up." I said, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.
I ran over to the bathroom in the hallway, and put on a long, silky navy blue dress. I did my make up, and when I exited the bathroom Shawn was right there, in a tux.
"You look fantastic." He gasped.
"So do you." I smiled.
We headed towards the living room, our arms locked together.
Everyone stopped eating, in awe. Including Shawn's sister, Aaliyah, who had probably just come back from hockey while I was getting ready for what you could call our double date.
"You guys look like completely and utterly perfect." Said Anna, fangirling a bit too much.
"Aw, so cute." Said Ally.
"Yo, it's like a grammy nominee couple or I don't know, but you is fab." Said Mary Cate, making us both laugh and blush.
"So, she's the special one, Shawn?" Asked the youngest one of them all, Aaliyah.
"Of course she is." He kissed my cheek, as we both took a step closer to Aaliyah, who was eating chinese food too.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Haylee." I say giving her a quick hug.
"Shawn has told me so much about you, and I'm Aaliyah- by the way." She says, giving me a small smile.
"Where's mom, Aaliyah?" Shawn asked confused.
"Mom and him are getting ready, they'll probably be ready soon, anyway." She says.
Right when she said it, Mr. Mendes and Mandy exited a room. He was in a tux and she was in a long, pink gown that made her look absolutely flawless.
We walked towards both of them. Shawn was holding my hand, and I felt so sorry for him because I was sweating so much. I was still nervous about meeting his parents.
"Dad, this is Haylee." Said Shawn, and so I hugged him, as it seemed he extended his arms for me to do so.
"Call me Roberto." He smiled. Huh, so Shawn did have latin roots after all. It really didn't seem so at first glance, but his dad did seem latin. Roberto was shorter than Shawn; as I knew latinos were generally very short. Roberto was also tan skinned, like Natalia sort of.
"Are you guys ready to go?" Asked Roberto, gleefully.
"Of course." I tried to place the best smile on my face.
"Take care, and remember everyone, Cam's in charge." Shouted Mandy, towards everyone in the dinner room, eating.
I just hoped when we came back it wasn't a wreck.
~~~
hey! so sorry for the late update, but i was traveling. i can't wait for the mendeses and shaylee's double date, idek what will happen yet lmao.
thanks for all the support, as usual. next chapter is dedicated to a random comment & you guys...
surprise! i got a new fanfic, it's named 'balconies' and it's in my profile already, im so eager for it bc it's sooo different! so go check it out & comment on it, please!!!!
chapter's dedication: to my dear friend mary cate💘 she always cheers me up in my sad days, and she is just the bomb.com and so funny and cheerful and stuff. I love you tons rice gurl reynolds👲👲
stay beautiful xxx
-nat
ps- someone please kik me (naomi.paolina) asap i need help choosing a cover !!🆘🙊😘