[2]

There was another hour and a half until class began. Well, school had actually already started. Jack decided to ditch first and second block. Because screw Maths and Spanish. Neither of those would be essential for his future. Ever.

Now he sat outside in the grass, beyond the school fence he clambered. Not like anyone would catch him anyways.

As he popped another chip in his mouth, he thought back to that raven-haired boy that graciously one-upped him.

Maybe he was new? Jack had never seen him before and he knew everybody.

He wanted to know him better. He wanted to see him again. As if on cue, someone plopped down beside him with a huff.

"Hello, Boy-That-Called-A-Vending-Machine-A-Slut."

Jack huffed with a eye roll. "It was. Tried to take my money for nothing in return. That's how they are."

The raven-haired boy hummed in thought, shaking his head. "Nah. I don't think so. If you're paying a dollar to get head from some chick, you're not getting the right ones." Jack cocked an eyebrow and looked at the boy.

He began to burst into laughter, "hey, don't look at me like that! A friend told me that. My experiences have never come from someone I paid. I'm bi. But I don't dig women as much as guys." He shrugged.

Jack nodded. "Neither do I."

He was surprised by how open this new kid was with someone he'd met only five minutes ago.

"Really? Neato! Everyone else was straight and didn't want anything to do with me." The boy gleefully smiled at him like a child who was just given a reward.

Jack rolled his shoulders, "well, I'm gay."

The boy returned the gesture, "that still works for me. Some days I'm as straight as a wet noodle and others an uncooked one."

Jack snickered. He liked this kid. A lot.