[75]

This book is so poorly written ugh.

I listened to Numb and Castle of Glass by Linkin Park on repeat while I wrote this. Whoops.

...

"Hey, Felix, got a minute, pal?"

"Oh, hey, Mark. Need something?"

Mark balled up his fist at his gleeful tone, pointing a finger at the boy in front of him. "Yeah. For you to stay outta the gosh darn way."

Felix laughed for a short moment. "What do you mean? I'm not in anybody's way. Definitely not your's."

"Actually, you are. I'd advise you keep your nosey ass out of anything Jack has to do. You fuck something up, I'll fucking kill you."

Mark was trying his best to seem intimidating, but was actually still shorter than Felix. "What're you letting on about? Calm down."

"You're messing everything up. Giving him a damned hickey? Let's see you try it again. You mess us up, I'll mess you up. Don't get in the way of things, Felix. If you know what's best for you."

Felix grinned, shrugging, amusement flickering in his eyes. "Fine. Alright. I'll try to avoid it."

Mark snorted, "Don't try, do."

"Is this about you being a douche towards him? If so, I'd gladly ruin your plans, pal. Using him is wrong."

There was silence for a few moments, Mark's face changing from one emotion to another. Mainly confusion and anger. Then he spoke up, "Whether I decide to use him or not is not any of your business. You don't know what you're yacking about."

"You've really did a number on 'im. He's pretty disappointed you just won't accept him."

Mark looked as if he was near ready to just hit the slightly taller boy. "Don't go saying things when you don't know both sides of the story."

"What's your excuse, Mark? You got hurt in the past? Oh, yeah, punish Jack for someone else's doing. You've got trust issues, you poor baby."

Mark knew that Felix's words were completely a guess. There was no way he'd known that much about him. Unless Jack told him. But Mark at least trusted him enough to keep it to himself. Felix wasn't wrong, but he wasn't gonna just let him know that.

"You've no business trying to figure me out, Felix. I just suggest you leave me to my devices and leave me alone in general."

"When all you care about is sexing him up then leaving him? We all know that's gonna eventually happen."

"Fuck off. You don't know me. I'm not talking about this with you. I've places to be and very, very important things to do."

"Is Jack that important thing you gotta do?"

Mark pushed past him, heading off to the restroom. "No. It's actually much more important. Something that needed done a long time ago, actually."

Felix shook his head, leaving as soon as Mark went in the restrooms. When he came out, he found Jack waiting for him. He looked pretty agitated; face screwed up in annoyance. He wouldn't look at Mark, but pushed himself off of the wall and uncrossing his arms.

"Ready to go yet, Fischbach?"

"Yeah... I'm ready to get out of here. I hate this place."

Jack made a short noise, rolling his eyes.

Mark glanced at him as Jack shoved his hands into his pockets. Something had definitely suddenly pissed him off. Mark was genuinely curious over what, and wished he was able to help, but with Jack's facial expressions and the way he was distancing himself from Mark as well as being quiet while they walked the sidewalk, Mark didn't really think he should even touch the topic. It'd only make Mark's own situation worse.