[69]

It wasn't I love you but love you and love ya was still enough to satisfy Jack. It was closer to actually making Mark trust him, and maybe really and truthfully love him.

It was strange, though. Mark had strange ways.

There's been plenty of times Jack question Mark. Inwardly, at least.

In the week after that little moment in Jack's room, Mark had done some questionable shit.

He was constantly snatching Jack's hand. But it was as if he realized it after a while, and slung it away. He hugged him every chance given, yanked him into his side by the waist.

He even snapped at Felix once for jokingly holding his hand.

Felix had done this thing he called a hand hug with Jack, and Mark practically growled at him and nudged Jack away with the excuse of "our next class isn't important, let's skip and go to town or something."

Then in town, Mark was always grabbing his hand, intertwining their fingers like some couple. He was always kissing him and pointing out anything that made him think of Jack. He'd even made relationship jokes. It didn't really have anything to do with it, but Mark brought back his author and book joke, with an addition of "it's like another book where I slowly realize I'm in love with the prince and we live happily ever after." Jack still thought it was fucking hilarious.

It wasn't that that made him questionable about the whole ordeal.

It was the kissing. The kissing was genuinely serious.

Mark didn't even peck his cheek anymore. He would full out kiss him on the lips. And each one was actual passion. Surprisingly, love. It wasn't something that hinted at anything sexual. And he smiled every time. There was no mistaking the way he grinned when he kissed Jack.

But he still was sour over a relationship.

Jack still did everything in his power to show Mark he wasn't going to use him, that he didn't have a girlfriend he was hiding. That he's loved him since the day the black haired boy dislodged a bag of chips out of a prostituting snack machine.

Jack's parents knew of Mark. But they didn't know how many times Jack had to cover his mouth to keep quiet whenever his best friend was staying over.

Once, he stayed over for dinner, and Mark kept his hand on his leg under the table. When Jack made a move to push him off, Mark held his fucking hand. Mark was smirking the entire time. Jack didn't want to get caught, but he definitely didn't want to miss the chance of holding Mark Fischbach's hand. Ever.

Jack laid his pencil down, halting his speeding train of thought and finishing a drawing Mark had came up with himself. Well, just some weird version of himself. Mark really liked fancy suits, but he couldn't afford one. Mark usually never gave a damn about his hair, so sometimes it would fall over in his face. Usually when he was sleepy. And sleepless Mark always had black bags under his eyes. And Mark was always into dark lore. Or anything opposite of something.

So he came up with an idea he wanted Jack to make for him. Mark intended to even pay him. Jack declined because drawing an emo version of Mark sounded funny and interesting. So Mark gave him the details he thought would be cool (whilst laughing about the whole idea, and grinning at how amused and giggly Jack was) and Jack carried it out. Mark would probably laugh his ass off at how depressing it was; his complete opposite.

A really good darker version of Mark... or something. It was just basically Mark in a ruined suit. No tie. Mark had a weird imagination. Jack was probably even weirder with how realistic he'd drawn it and how much thought and detail he gave it. Besides, he'd already drawn him twice. Might as well take up new ideas.

Jack grinned, getting one heck of an idea. He would give Mark the drawing.

But only if he would fill Jack in on why he was being so close all of the sudden.

...

Fucking creds to Dat_Crankler_Doe for the idea of Mark messing up. I guess I portrayed it right lmao.

That idea and WhyNot121's were my favourite. RandomUser_8 had one I'll probably use too. Oops...

I also have all kinds of gifs I had specifically saved a long time ago for this book because it actually had like four or five NSFW chapters but I ended up taking them out.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so take this fucking gif because i wanted to fucking use it.