[78]

What Jack said, he didn't mean. He was a bit too harsh, sure. But it still didn't mean he wasn't ignoring Mark. Mark called his ignoring facade a "cool down for Sean." Or something like that. Jack wasn't really listening.

Some of the better examples happened at school.

Jack hadn't properly-or even at all-talked to Mark since the texting buzz. He just read the messages and missed calls with no reply or answer. And that one conversation was Saturday. It's been four days after that.

On Monday, Mark had forgotten his pencil. Jack kept chewing his gym obnoxiously loud and pretended he hadn't heard Mark ask.

Then Mark said he'd forgotten his textbook. Grudgingly, by the teacher's request, Jack handed off Mark his health book once he'd finished his work.

Mark gave him a smile and a happy thanks, but Jack shrugged and looked away. He almost cried because he was forcing himself to be a douche. He hated being the prick. Especially to Mark... But, there's nothing wrong with a taste of what you pay for.

(Jack was a music addict. Leave him be.)

When he did finally got his book back, there was a little slip of paper in the back. He immediately knew where it came from though. The handwriting gave it away.

The green slip simply said "I'm sorry for everything I did. Meet me in the band room next class and I'll make it up to you?"

Jack balled it up in his fist, tossing it behind him back at it's creator. Mark sighed, getting that Jack practically just yelled a loud "no" in his face.

They didn't talk the rest of the day.

Tuesday, in P.E., Jack did all of his exercises. Just like Monday. Alone. Just like Monday. Mark made an attempt while he was doing push ups to talk to him. Jack never said a word and turned to do sit ups. Mark got himself into trouble for leaning against the wall Jack was using for support. Thus leaving him alone the rest of the day.

Mark's words of "Jack, I'm serious. Will you please just talk to me? It really fucking hurts knowing the one person I care for is ignoring me because he won't let me explain myself." stuck in his head. They didn't phase him, though.

Wednesday afternoon, during Lunch, he sat with Felix. He was having a mighty fine conversation that eventually turned into them playfully roasting each other. That was until Mark sat himself down right across from them.

He hadn't even had anything with him. He just looked confident and set on something. His face was slightly red, biting at his lip ring before pointing a finger at Jack.

"Alright," he had said, "you're getting ridiculous. Can you just stop ignoring me, please? It's starting to upset me. I've never seen you so dedicated to doing something like that..."

Jack had just shrugged, "Not my fault my best friend was a whore and only cared about his friend's body rather than his feelings." Jack had nudged Felix, hinting that it was time for them to go. So, Jack drug Felix out to the hall, where Felix talked with Jack about it.

Of course, Felix believed he was overdoing it. Apparently, according to him, Mark was acting like he was some depressed jerk. Jack was the only one he was trying to talk to. He even sarcastically snapped at Louis and walked off.

Jack hadn't cared.

And he didn't today either, not even looking at Mark. He knew it pissed Mark off to absolutely no end with how frustrated he got when Jack would shrug past him effortlessly. How flustered he became when Jack got in and out of his locker as if he wasn't standing there and muttering sarcastic pleads. Jack nearly laughed at how angry he got when he caught Jack smiling and running toward Fe instead of him.

Jack absolutely paid no mind to how desperate Mark was to talk to him about his important details. How much he was dying to know why Jack snapped within a time down of five minutes.

Jack knew he was probably overdoing it.

But someone had to teach Mark a lesson.

It was even better that it was Jack.