[19]

A rhythmic knock sent him out of his stare down with his blank television.

His father shouting his name and mentioning that "some kid with a weird arm tattoo and dumb clothes" was here got his attention.

His father defiantly was a little tipsy.

If he thought Mark's inked roses tattoo was weird, he didn't want to see him with his lip and nose piercing. His parents hated their own son's gauges.

Jack unfolded his legs and leaped off of his mattress at an inhuman speed.

He met Mark half way at the stairs, whose face lit up with an amused smile.

"Such a lovely man."

Jack groaned, face dusting a light red. "He's drunk... Please ignore anything he says today." Mark nodded with an amused grin.

He was clothed in a black tank top, black sweatpants to match; he'd been wearing Jack's black-and-white beanie he stole from him the same day Jack took his flannel. His arm tattoo visible and as pretty as when Jack first saw it. He actually had his metal lip ring in. And his black nose ring. Surprising, his father didn't make statement about it.

Jack coughed awkwardly when Mark noticed he was staring, giggling and walking off into his room. Jack didn't know why Mark played it so cool.

I guess he's just an overall chill dude...