[27]

Now Mark was really starting to worry.

Why had Jack just ignored him?

Jack would never do that.

Jack always gave Mark his full attention.

Mark never gave him his...

Mark mentally kicked himself. Jack was ignoring him because of everything he'd said.

That... Thing they did meant something to the Irish lad. It meant the world to him and thought maybe Mark was beginning to return what he felt. Mark didn't understand that until now.

After the damage was done.

He climbed out of bed and cursed himself all the way down his flight of stairs. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Mark felt stupid.

He shouldn't have kissed him.

Mark didn't feel more than a friendship for Jack.

Did he..?

He couldn't show someone that weird feeling again. What was it? Oh, yes. Love.

He'd not been given or gave love in such a long time.

Chica does NOT count.

He loves her with every fiber of his being.

Chica was his baby. Yes.

He couldn't feel...that towards another human being after what happened back in Ohio. Especially another boy. No. Jack might turn out the same.

His phone buzzed in his pocket after he sprawled out guiltily on the old, worn sofa in his living room.

Slut-Boy:
Oh my gosh, Mark, I'm so sorry!
>I'm sorry if I'm an asshole!

Sent 4:12

Mark wasn't sure if he should reply. He didn't know how.

Why would Jack be an asshole for having his hopes and heart thrown into a pit of snakes and  glass? Hell, serial killers even. Mark the killer and Jack the victim.

Slut-Boy:
I fell asleep
>I'm sorry
>But
>Did you need something?

Sent 4:16

Mark furrowed his eyebrows. That explanation was sent four minutes after. Suspicious...

Jack'sB1tch:
Oh uh yeah about that
>that kiss

Read 4:17

Jack'sB1tch:
>what did it mean to u ?

Jack took an entire five minutes before he'd even begun replying. Mark was given this precious gem:

Slut-Boy:
It meant a lot, Mark. A whole damn lot. I've not ever felt so sure or strongly over something like that. Sure, I've had my share of making out shit and "action" but that felt right. It felt like it was meant to happen.

>Especially after being in that crazy thing Lee and I had. I know you don't feel the same. I know you just wanted to test waters. I understand that. You're still love struck on Amy. I get that.

>But do know, I enjoyed yesterday. And though I know it won't happen again, I'll always keep that in mind.
>Hell, maybe one day it will occur again.
>I'll never say a word to anyone, though.

Jack'sB1tch:
U felt the same to ? That's surprising. But im glad. And thank you for keeping quiet...
>what i said before i meant.
>it can happen again one day i promise
>just give me time
>youll understand later...

Mark felt like a dick for lying to one of his favorite people in the world.