[74]

"So, Mark... You wanna head over to my place after last period? Ma's asking about you again."

Mark looked up from his phone blankly. "Oh, she is? What's he saying?"

"I believe she really thinks we're dating and I won't tell her. But she's asking if I had plans and if I didn't I should invite you over. And I was just kind of hoping you'd come over anyways..?"

Mark nodded glancing back down at his phone, "Mhm, hate to burst her bubble..."

Jack gave him a slightly irritated look, crossing his arms on the desk in front of him. "Put your phone up, jackass. Teacher said it's free time. Not text your girlfriend time."

Mark questionably shut it off and stuck it in his pocket. "I don't have a girlfriend? What gave you that idea?"

"I was being sarcastic, stupid."

"Oh."

Jack sighed, leaning forward to lay his head down in between his folded arms. Mark leaned back in his seat and propped his legs on the desk. "You got any ideas on what we're doing this evening?"

"No... I'll find something, I'm sure..."

Mark hummed, standing when the bell rung. Jack stayed where he sat. "Aren't you coming? It's last period of the day, dude. It's also Friday. Those words sound amazing together."

"I will... in a few minutes."

Seeing as the teachers here just didn't give a damn about what the students did, Jack would be fine.

A good time of about five minutes passed before Jack stood up, jumping when he noticed Mark sitting on the table next to him. Kicking his legs mindlessly.

"What're you doing?"

"Waiting on you. There's no way I'm gonna go to class alone again. Or leave you alone again."

Jack groaned, picking up his things. "Whatever."

"How gracious."

Mark hopped down, yanking Jack by the arm. "Now let's go before someone thinks something's happening."

Jack frowned, not making a comment about his remark. He followed him silently instead. He'd leave his questioning for later.