[43]

Jack hanging upside down from the top bunk probably wasn't a good idea considering his purple tee was extremely big on him. (Note, wasn't even his. Mark gave it to him when he got wet during the rain that started to cascade down as they walked. Get your mind outta the gutter, he was out in the rain, dammit.)

It was big enough to show his entire bare torso. He held it down enough to avoid it falling over his head with crossed arms.

After a moment of staring, Jack unaware, Mark went back to eating the trail mix Jack had in his bag for who knows how long. Tasted fine to him but for some reason Jack, didn't like it at all. Confusing considering he was carrying it around.

"So," Jack started, again. Their twenty five questions game only six questions through. "What gave you the sign you was bisexual?"

Mark shrugged, picking through the things he liked in the mix. "I dated girls, it got boring. And I liked a few guys at the time. Decided to date guys three times, one twice. Didn't end well." Mark immediately threw a palm out when Jack opened his loud mouth. "Don't ask. I'll say within time." Jack made a pouty face, in which Mark had to ignore to avoid his entire mind being controlled by some voodoo magic he possessed or somethin'.

"And what about you? You wasn't born gay, were you?"

Jack snorted, plucking a m&m out of Mark's palm. "Probably. Girls have just never been my thing, ya'know? Felix was the first guy I've ever dated, and he was really sweet and such... Miss the guy, really. He always made sure I was alright, and gave me everything I wanted. Purest heart I've ever laid eyes on." Mark glanced at him with emotionless eyes (though Jack swore there was jealousy there) before colour sorting the candy part of the trail mix again.

"But it just didn't work out. Me being in Ireland at the time and him the UK? We hardly seen each other. He got a girlfriend, Marzia. I freakin' love her. She's super cool.

"But then there was Lee... It was like Fe at first, but over time he got... Violent. Did things I didn't like, hit me a lot. I figured I was better off straight-" Mark stopped him.

"Hold on. You mean not only did he do things when you didn't want to, but he beat you? What the fuck? Why'd you let him do that?"

"Because I was too scared to tell anyone... I was afraid they wouldn't believe me, or he'd hurt me for telling someone. He nearly kicked my ass when my mom found out. I had to skip school for a week, just to avoid him. I've been hiding in janitor closets ever since. I don't talk to other people as well; thanks to him."

"You let one guy ruin the idea of other ones?" He frowned, "that's crazy." Jack sighed, shrugging. "I know, but it's hard to think there's nice people out there after him."

"Well, not everyone is an ass. Some people are a lot better than you'd think. Just give some people chances. Even girls, ya'know?"

"Eh. I've given plenty of people chances and got treated like shit in return. I don't dig chicks really. Friend-zone is the only zone for them." He paused for a minute, before muttering to himself,

"Friend-zone is the only zone I'll ever get with you too apparently..."