[39]

Mark kept messing with the nearly peeled stickers, listening to Kyle talk about his six sisters. Yeah. Six girls for sisters. Sends shudders up every boy's spine.

Kyle shut up when the door was opened to the shop, Mark standing up and leaving the superman sticker some toddler had smacked against the counter. "Something wrong?" Kyle never shuts up. Why would a door shut him up?

Mark followed his gaze to Lee, arm wrapped around some young girl who obviously didn't want to be there. The boy immediately spotted Mark when he turned his head.

"Hey, look! It's small pint!"

Mark snorted and leaned back with crossed arms. "Hey, look. It's a repeated sex offender."

Lee blinked as if it never bothered him. If anything, he just pushed the broad he held away and stepped up closer. "Alright, kid, listen. And listen well."

"I don't know. Do I wanna? 'Cause anything that comes from your pathetic mouth isn't worth my time. I've got jobs to be doing."

Lee huffed. "I know what's up. You've heard rumors about me. They aren't true. You're a nice guy, I get that. I know you are. I've seen myself how much of a chick magnet you are, I'd be taking advantage of that, dude."

"Taking advantage of people isn't my thing."

"...Not my point but I just wanted to give you a heads up. That Jack kid, is the worst. Don't be hanging with him. He's bad influence and has done awful things. And to top it off, he's gay. I don't want that rubbing off on such a nice man as yourself, Marky. He'll ruin you; I suggest you find another friend." He smiled at Mark as if he had never did a wrong in his life, getting too close for comfort and just expecting Mark to believe him and ditch Jack.

Lee's breath hitched when Mark grabbed him by the shirt collar. "Listen, bitch. If I ever hear you talk shit about that boy, I'll tear out your tongue, so you'll never speak about him again. If I ever catch you trying to hurt my Jack, or even near him, I'll slit your throat. I'll beat you to a pulp. So I'd watch your sick mouth, and watch where you put your hands now that I'm around. Do I make myself clear?"

The smaller boy swallowed and nervously laughed, "Wow, you got pretty dark there, Mark! Uh, yeah. I've gotcha. Won't even look at him." Mark nodded, muttering a 'good.' "Could you - uh - put me down, maybe?"

"Sure thing. I've gotta wash my hands after handling filth anyways." Mark dropped Lee, somewhat pushing him at the same time. Lee picked himself up and coughed. "Nice to properly meet ya, Mark. First impressions are always the best, yeah? You've made a good one."

Lee quickly barked out "let's go, Jessica," getting a reply of "it's Danielle, you idiot!" before thoughtfully walking out.

Kyle had long been gone, having wondered off to avoid Lee. He didn't like Lee either. In fact, no one did. Kyle still seen the whole thing though, from the cheap toys aisle. "Damn, Mark. I think you kind of overdid it. Do you hate him that much?"

Mark walked past him to go to the restrooms in back. "Hate isn't a strong enough word. He's done shit that I don't like. Shit to my Jack that pissed me off. And it won't happen again. Not while I'm around."