[81]

Welcome to the (most likely) last chapter c:

...

"W-w-what?"

Mark giggled at the absolute shock on Jack's face, his knees relaxing back out in front of him in surprise.

"Yeah. I love you. I've come to terms with it. I'm tired of hiding it. I've loved you for a little while now... I was just too scared to admit it. I feared you'd leave, just like the last one. I didn't want to lose you. If having what we had meant I got to keep you, and love you, I was able to work with that. But within time, I realized I really, truly loved you. And I began to think more on the topic.

"I was basically using you..." Mark ran a hand through his hair, sighing in shame. "It was so wrong. Doing you that way. I knew you really cared for me, Jack. It was so blatant. Everyone could see it. I could. I knew it. But I denied it."

Jack frowned, "So, this entire time, you wasn't just grabbing and going...?"

"What? No way! I know that's what it seemed like, but I loved you. I still love you. And I feel like a horrible person now that I think about it. I upset you so badly that we broke off all contact for nearly a week... That hurt like hell, man."

Jack frowned even more, feet twisting back and forth. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. It was childish. Immature."

"I did it too, Jack," Mark glanced at him, then back to the floor of the stage he sat on. "I did the same thing after you did calm down and come around. It was selfish of me to do that. I should've listened. And that's another example. Your immaturity is you. What you are. I feel like I should be around you for those things. You do tend to behave ignorantly."

Jack sheepishly smiled, "I do. I know. Wish I wasnt, though."

"It's fine. You know why? Because it's you, and whatever you turn out to be, I'll love you nevertheless."

"Mark. That has to be the absolute gayest thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life. I fookin' love it..." Jack scoffed. Now he was just being cheesy.

"But in all seriousness, does that mean-?"

"Yeah, Jack, it does. I don't wanna be just friends. In fact, I am indeed allowed to be your boyfriend if I wanted..."

"Okay, wait. What?" Jack raised his eyebrows at Mark's grinning face.

"Yup. I've already spoken to your mom. I wanted to make sure she'd be okay with it. I know how you say your father isn't quite the force to be reckoned with... You're mother was actually happy. Proud of you even. Her words exactly were I was 'a good lad that would definitely be perfect for her little guy.'" Mark finished with a laugh.

His laughter only increased at Jack's reddening face, embarrassment written all over him. "That's what you wanted to help her out for, huh?"

"Yup again. And I'm glad to say, permission was given. I've every chance in the world to properly ask you out now."

"But, what about my father?"

"He didn't find out about the others. Doesn't mean he'd find out about us... And, we have the strongest thing ever on your side; a mother. Trust me. Mother's will defend their children. While mine was still around, she was on my side no matter what the situation. We'd be fine.

"Besides, after all this time, we've learnt to be quiet." Mark giggled, Jack reaching out to hit his chest. "Not funny!" Mark only shrugged, grabbing his wrist and tugging him closer-basically into a hug. Jack wiggled around in an embarrassed manner before giving in and wrapping his own arms around him.

"But... you did say it wasn't important anymore. Does that mean you've changed your mind?"

Mark snorted, "Not a chance. There's absolutely no chance in this world I'd ever reconsider it. I've finally accepted it. So, I just wanna ask you a small question..."

Jack pushed away for a moment to look at him curiously. "And that is?"

"Would you-Sean McLoughlin-consider being my boyfriend?"

Jack kissed him, grinning as brightly as the other boy, knowing this time it actually meant something and was right this time.

"You've no idea how long I've waited for you to ask that. Of course the answer is yes, you idiot!"

Mark beamed and immediately pulled him back into his lips, happy he was kissing his best friend. Now, his boyfriend.