[64]

"Yeah... He was pretty mad about it. I don't know why. It's not like I cheated or anything. We're only friends... right?"

Felix shrugged, hand on Jack's shoulder. Jack tossed a few things in his locker, making plans to skip class. "Last I checked, friends don't frequently have sex. Friends don't kiss every chance they get. Friends don't hold hands non-platonically. Friends don't get jealous over their 'friend' getting a hickey."

Felix snorted, crossing his arms, "Friends don't wanna beat up people for giving their 'friend' a bruise."

"You're right, but he still insists we're just friends... I don't think he likes me hanging around you, though. I think he might believe we'd end up together again, because he gets this look when I talk about you..."

Felix smugly grinned, nudging Jack in the side with a giggle, "Hooking up with me again wouldn't be so bad, now, would it? I mean, I was able to provide, and we were happy together. Wouldn't it be nice to date me again?"

Jack cringed halfway through his words, knowing good and well that when Mark rounded the hallway corner, he'd heard everything Felix just said. He didn't even know why he tensed.

Mark just seemed like the type of person who would do anything and everything to show who's in charge and that he was in control. With that being said, if he wanted, Mark probably would definitely fuck him in the school bathroom if it meant Jack would leave Felix alone.

"Hey, Jack. Aren't you coming to class? Wilford is looking for you. Said he's got that extra credit assignment for you." Jack hated that teacher with every fiber of his being...

"Oh, uh, I was gonna show the new kid around... Signe, I think? She's in the office waiting..." Jack didn't know why he was sort of jittery and nervous. Mark's tone nerved him.

"Ah, well, I should be getting to Biology..." Felix muttered, obviously feeling awkward. Jack turned away from Mark and gave the boy a smile.

"I can walk you. I'll be passing that class on my way to the office."

Felix smiled back, nodding curtly.

It wasn't hardly a second later when Jack was turned around, freezing in shock when Mark suddenly crashed his lips into his. Like before, Jack wasn't an action reader, but he could tell Mark was practically telling Felix Back Off.

It was basically harsh and every ounce full of anger, but Jack accepted it anyways, kissing him back as if Felix had never been there.

"You wouldn't mind if I come over, later, would you? We've not hung out at your place in a while." Mark kept his voice low after he pulled away and leaned into his ear as if he didn't want the Swede hearing him. "I've really got to talk to you and it's the closest place we can go to after school..."

Jack swallowed a small lump in his throat, narrowing his eyes to weigh his options. Mark would invite himself over whether Jack was okay with it or not. Mark was that kind of guy. But, Jack would probably be safer if he agreed.

So he did, and Mark grinned at him as if he hadn't just aroused the fuck out of the Irish teen. When he walked off, Felix looked stunned. "Damn. Talk about taking what's your's."

Jack huffed, ignoring the immense reddening of his face to the best of his abilities. "Whatever. He's just probably angry over something and I was the first thing he could think of." He brushed past his friend, not caring if he followed or not. He was just pissed that Mark always handed out problems he wouldn't ever fix. (Even the ones he always got in his pants.)