[35]

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN DOWN FOR LIKE FOUR HOURS HOLY SHIT

...

Closing his locker when he put away his things, Mark giggled at Jack - the very Jack that was shining a laser pointer at the back of other students' heads and muttering "pew, pew" under his breath.

"Ready to go?"

Jack "pew pew'd" Mark as a reply.

"I'm taking that as a yes."

Jack grinned, pocketing the laser.

"It's like being with a twelve year old."

Jack pushed him on the way out of the door. "Hey! At least your not dating a twelve year old." Mark scoffed. "Who said we weren't dating?"

Jack mustered up the blankest look he could. "You."

Mark blinked, following it with a shrug. "Guess so."

Louis's voice came from behind them, turning them around to look at the stairway to the hellhole they'd just left. "Yo, you guys hanging out?"

They glanced at each other, Jack then rolling his shoulders and looking back at her. "Yeah."

The girl nodded. "Mind if I join?"

Jack opened his mouth to reply but Mark put a hand on his shoulder and cut him short, "Uh, I'd rather it just be us. He got his new game, the one we said we would play together." Louis looked at him with a sketchy look before sighing out a 'fine.'

Jack made a noise through his nose, pushing his hand off and turning away. "Catch up when your done giving an excuse to go to your boyfriend's house."

"You are not my boyfriend!"

Louis placed her hands on her hips with an eye roll. "Yeah, and my brother isn't student president."

Mark's head whipped back to her, turning scarlet for at least the sixth time that day. He scowled, making a comment on her's rather than argue. "I hate that kid..."

"Well, that kid, Zachariah, is my brother, so try to keep that to yourself."

Mark hissed. He then looked to see Jack turn the corner. "Besides," he started, whispering to where only she could hear considering there were a few others still lingering, "it'd be better if you don't show up with what's in my plans."

She paled, scooting away. "Gross!" She rolled her eyes at his laughing. "What happened to 'you're not my boyfriend'?"

Twisting to catch up to Jack, Mark threw out his arms. "Hey, who said friends don't screw around a little?"

Louis shook her head. "Friends don't bang each other. Boyfriends do."

"Who said anything about banging?"