[47]

The morning following left Jack confused. When he sat up, rubbing his eyes with his palms, he glanced around completely puzzled.

Where was he? Whose house was this? Whose room was this? It sure wasn't his. It was far too simple and clean for his. A bunk bed, a tiny desk, black walls, pink carpet... Definitely wasn't his.

Then it hit him (as hard as the wooden bed frame when he sat up) that he was in Mark's house. Not someone he'd hung out and probably slept with. He was safe; unless Mark poisoned him in his sleep and was letting him slowly die in his own house were no one would ever find him.

Jack yawned, stretching his arms above his head. He inhaled and caught a whiff of something, causing his stomach to make a loud, obnoxious noise.

Hopping out of the mess of blankets, Jack giggled at the fact he still wore the flannel he'd stolen, keeping his bare torso warm along with the fuzzy pair of pajama bottoms he'd slung on. Which he also stole.

He followed the aroma of pancakes and bacon, stumbling into the kitchen still clumsy with sleep. He was certainly noticeable.

Mark turned his head, grinning at his appearance. "Good morning, beautiful," he chuckled sarcastically, getting a huff and sharp glare in return. Mark twisted himself completely around, leaning back against the counter and watching the cooking breakfast out of the corner of his eyes. "You must've slept good. Your hair's a mess. You're pretty groggy looking, though."

"Not a mornin' person."

"I can tell." Mark blinked at how much thicker his accent came out, coughing awkwardly to dismiss the darkening of his face. "So, you like your coffee black, right? There's some over there," spinning back around towards the pans, he pointed at the island. Jack glanced to it and spotted a mug, wasting no time in grabbing it. He sat down at a stool, allowing the warmth to seep into his palms for a moment before taking a small sip.

"What're you doing awake so early? It's Saturday for fuck sake..."

Mark laughed, shrugging. "I don't know. Got kind of restless laying with you. You sleep long for someone who's motto is 'sleep is for the weak,' you know."

"It wasn't that long. I fell asleep at like five."

"No, you woke me up at like three in the morning, then fell asleep at like, four. It's ten thirty six, Jack."

"Oh." Mark nodded, fetching two plates from a cabinet and placing a split portion of pancakes and bacon on each one. "Plus, I was kind of thinking you the type that wants breakfast ASAP once he wakes up so, here we are."

Jack vigorously nodded, sliding the coffee aside when Mark handed him his plate. "Hell yeah. Thanks. What a lovely person you are." Jack laughed lightly, flashing him a smile. "I am the loveliest person."

"Would make an even lovelier boyfriend, y'know."

Mark had turned away, back facing him to grab a pair of forks. "We'll get there, sooner or later. I like what we've got for now. "