[10]

Jack is protective of what's his.

Okay, maybe a bit too protective. He was easily made jealous. He wanted in on all of the action. He wanted to be part of someone's life 24/7, and if he wasn't, then he wasn't happy.

Jack was being selfish towards Mark.

He didn't want Mark to make any more friends. All he needed was him. He could take off his "I'm the new kid, wanna be friends?" facade now. He had Jack. He only needed Jack... Right?

Mark wouldn't leave Jack.

...right..?

The Irishman sighed, letting the pencil in his hand drop onto his work area. His face burned a bright red as he studied the sketch he'd created.

He'd made an image of the very boy he thought of. He'd drawn Mark from waist up standing proudly, arms crossed, with that bright day-making grin of his. Even with the rough sketch, he'd created serious detail in the eyes. They almost shone as bright as the real ones. Almost. These were silver. Not the stunning chocolate.

He'd finish this with pen and color it. But he wouldn't show anyone. Not even Mark.

What? It was too good of a sketch to just toss because it made him seem like a creep.

He added it to his binder of Works in Progress, the one he kept at home, and placed it in his desk drawer.

Any minute now...

"Seán McLoughlin, dinner's ready!"

Standing up, Jack smirked as he times it just right every time.

Hopefully, his parents wouldn't ask why he was so red in the face and thinking about his new friend whom he totally doesn't have a serious crush on already.