[46]

"Mark, Mark, I'm bored. Maaaaaaaaaaaaark."

"Then find something to do, dork. I'm busy."

"But I don't wanna do it alone. That's no fun."

"Jack, I'm busy."

"Mark, I'm bored."

Jack flinched at the sudden movement of Mark lifting himself up from his desk chair, going over his written work to make sure it was alright. Sure, he didn't do a lot of his homework, but when he did do it, he was serious.

"Jack, I'm trying to get something done on some stupid, pointless project that both of us are supposed to be doing, yet only I am."

"I contributed!"

"Yeah, giving it a title. Great work; want a sticker for that big accomplishment?"

Jack snorted, crossing his arms. "Smartass."

"Can't you draw, or something?" Mark reached over for a pencil, not looking away from his reading. Jack gave him one with a sigh, "No. I don't have anything in mind to draw."

"Draw me, I don't care. Just stop whining."

"That's rude," Jack grabbed his notebook and a pencil from his backpack. "I don't wanna draw you anymore. If I did, I'd have to do it they way you look now. I don't like how pissed and focused you are. Those don't turn right."

Mark poked his tongue out as he erased a bit from his note card. "Ah, well, my patience isn't turning right either. You're so needy it's annoying."

Jack shrugged, "That's what comes with me. Don't like it, the exit is still open." Mark looked up, a blank expression on his face. "Didn't mean I don't like you or anything, you just–"

"Dude, chill. You wouldn't leave me if I tried to kill you." Mark shrugged, "Probably not."

After a good time of five minutes, Jack had been quiet. Mark threw his arms above his head, groaning when they clicked and popped at the sudden change of position. He pushed everything on his desk aside, "Hey, Jack, what's got you so–" Mark turned around to talk to him, but froze in slight surprise. "How the hell do you even fall asleep in that position..?"

The smaller boy had his arms crossed across the mattress of Mark's bed, his upper half twisted around to possibly make himself more comfortable and give him the ability to lay his head on his folded arms. His lower half was straight in front of him, legs crossed and notebook on his lap. He still held a pencil in his hand, his face positioned as if he had been looking at something to copy onto the page. Small, steady breaths escaped his slightly opened mouth.

Mark stood up, sleep finally dawning back on himself. He grabbed the book from his knocked out partner, setting it on his own desk. Slipping the pencil from his grip, careful to not wake him, Mark sat it along side the book. He only stopped for a moment to see Jack had indeed taken his advice, having a poorly (but well made for five minutes) sketched version of the half-Korean at his desk bent over in sheer concentration at his work. Mark chuckled, realizing Jack had fell asleep in the back-breaking pose because he was trying to look at him without disturbing him.

"You're such an idiot..."

He easily lifted him off of the floor, resulting in the Irish instantly curling closer to him. Mark settled with simply placing him in the same bed as him, and as if Jack knew it, a small smile formed on his face. He huddled closer, Mark scoffing and wrapping an arm around him.

With the involuntary action of kissing his forehead, and muttering "An idiot I can't help but love," Mark passed out. He probably didn't see it, but Jack's grin was as wide as it'd ever been his entire life.

...

uh, I type better on a computer??? My phone sucks???

The comments this shitty story still gets though. And it still surprises me with the reads, like, dude there's so much better. I'm honestly shocked that this actually gets newer reads and votes almost every day, like, wow. Sorry the updates aren't as often. I've had stuff come up lately. Yikes. Hopefully I can gets back in the sway of two a day?? I dunno. I could try... I
will try. Accept this dump for right now though 0u0

man i struggle with writing anything romantic-y or fluffy GDI...