[49]

"You know," Mark looked up from his phone, glaring across the room accusingly at the small green-haired goof still sprawled in the floor, "you don't have to text me to get my attention. Just speak up."

Jack grinned, still staring at his phone.

Ass-ass-in:
But this is way funner.

"Is this your equivalent to the silent treatment?"

Ass-ass-in:
Yup.

"C'mon. You know I didn't mean it."

Ass-ass-in:
I take a lot of offense in those words, Mark.
> Especially when you hit me.
> Monster.

"Jack. Enough. I didn't even hit you that hard."

Ass-ass-in:
So.
> I didn't want to tell you that either but I did.

"It wasn't even that serious. I'll come down there if I have to."

Ass-ass-in:
No.

"Too late."

Mark tossed his phone to the side, sliding in the floor next to him. "No, leave me alone," Jack started to scoot away but Mark grabbed him from behind and brought him to his chest. "Let go of me, you damn moron!" Mark chuckled, shaking his head. "Nope. I'm making up for calling you an insensitive bitch. I didn't mean to hit you purposely you know. I was just joking."

Jack stopped squirming with a sigh. "I know. It's just... Kind of reminded me of my father when he gets drunk. It doesn't happen often but when it does," Jack wheezed, shaking his head. "It can get bad."

"Yeah... sorry 'bout that." Jack shrugged. "It's fine."

It was quiet for a few minutes, Jack cuddled against Mark's chest, eyes half opened. Something about being against him made him feel at ease, just listening to his soft breaths. Jack was honestly surprised Chica was flopped upside down in her dog bed, passed out.

Jack decided to crack the silence, hands pressing against the boy's behind him. "Why don't you love anyone?"

Mark took his head off of the top of the smaller's, frowning. "What do you mean..?"

"I mean, you say and do stuff all the time, but still insist on being just friends. My friends have never acted this way with me before."

Mark sighed, grip around him increasing slightly. "It's a long story. I told you I'd tell you later."

"Can't later be now?" Mark sighed again, pressing his face into the green fluff of Jack's hair. "Does it really have to be now?" Jack nudged him in the rib with an elbow. "Yes, it does."

"Fine... if you really want to know, I'll tell you. But promise you won't think of me differently?"

Jack gave a simple nod as reply, scooting in as close as possible to him. No matter what Mark had to say, he'd always love him. Even if he was some manic killer. It wouldn't change Jack in any way.