We Know That Nothing is True

Marilyn constantly asked me what was wrong but I refused to answer him, so he stopped. "Okay, well, Pogo and his girlfriend Cara are coming over along with Twiggy and Stormy. Is that alright?" I nodded and he took a deep breath. "Well I think you'll like Cara. She works at the radio station downtown. She is very intelligent and... sarcastic." He laughed and I just flashed a quick smile and looked back down. "Babe? What's wrong? Did I do something? Are you not happy with me anymore?" He bombarded me with questions and I suddenly felt like a bitch. I stood up, walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his torso, he did the same. "No baby! I love you. And I love being with you, you make me so happy," I gave him a genuine smile, then looked down. "YOU'RE the one who isn't happy with me." He bent down instantly and grabbed my hands, looking into my eyes. "What are you talking about?" I shook my head. "Nothing." He laughed. "Your going to tell me whether you want to or not." I looked at him. "I just don't feel like you love me the way you used to anymore." He took a deep breath and stood up, my gaze followed him. He held my arms and turned me to look at him. "Nikki, I have never loved anyone or felt this way about anyone except for you. Baby, everyday I fall deeper and deeper in love with you. When I thought I lost you, at the hospital, I didn't know who I was anymore. It was like I lost a part of myself. I can't live without you, you are my world, you're the only thing I live for. I love you."

I looked at him and started crying. I wrapped my arms around him, tighter this time. He bent down and kissed my forehead. "Why are you crying?" He looked worried. "Because I feel the same way about you. I am terrified to loose you." He wiped my tears. "You won't. I'm always going to be here."

I kissed him and he kissed back, holding my face. The doorbell rang.

---------------------------------------

Sorry PogoDeathray! I'll introduce you next chapter! Promise!