I'll Be Your Lover I'll Be Forever

Marilyn's POV:

I had apologized to the band and changed my attitude. Nikki said yes again, which was extreme luck on my part, especially since I haven't been such a good boyfriend or fiance or whatever. I walked back into the bunk where Nikki was and sat up against the pillows.

"Nikki." I motioned for her to come lay in my arms. She crawled up and cuddled into me and I decided to take a walk down memory lane.

"Remember the day I asked you out?" She laughed and wrapped her arms around me and I brushed her hair out of her face. "I do." She responded. "Damned grilled cheese." She made that comment out loud. I laughed. I leaned forward and kissed her forehead and she tilted her head up, planting a sweet kiss on my lips.

I loved the feeling of having her in my arms. I couldn't imagine why I couldn't see that earlier. "Or the time that I beat the shit out of your boyfriend." She laughed. "You are really proud of that aren't you?" I laughed and nodded at her words. We didn't talk about what I had done to Edgar. We pretended he was alive. And that I hadn't, you know... killed him. He was hurting Nikki, and I wasn't going to have any of that. So I ended it. No one had heard about it since, and maybe that's the way it should be.

I wondered if Nikki actually loved me or if she just felt forced to be with me. I knew she was tired of me asking but I had to make sure. "Nikki, do you love me? Or do you just feel forced to be with me?" She looked up at me, her beautiful green eyes looking into mine. "Marilyn, I don't do anything I don't want to, no one can force me to do anything. I love you and I have since I was seven okay?" I nodded. And she poked my side, laughing when I jumped. I kissed her and she kissed me back, it was different than normal. It was so heated, sweet, and passionate. I loved her so much and I couldn't imagine life with out her. She is my best friend, my girl, my everything.

All the sudden, the thought of someone else having her entered my head, I became angry. She is mine, and I don't want to loose her. I thought about Twiggy having a crush on her. I thought about that girl kissing her, I thought about that guy trying to grab her and I thought about that goth kid hitting on her.

I didn't want other people to flirt with her. I loved her. I wanted to be with her forever.

Nikki is the only thing I've ever wanted. I wondered how I looked in her eyes. Who I was to her. And of course, knowing me, I asked her. "Nikki, how do you feel about me? What do you think of me?" She paused for a second. "Well, from the day I met you, I have loved you. But at the same time, I feel like you're a fatherly or brotherly figure, just because my parents aren't really around anymore. You are the only thing I want, and I know I don't say that enough. It's not easy for me to show emotions like that, and I understand that can be frustrating, but I'm going to try harder." I nodded and cuddled up closer to her. "I love you Nikki, that's all that matters." She nodded into my chest. "I love you too Marilyn."