Don't You Want Some of This?

"Good morning!" Marilyn groaned as usual. "Happy Birthday you old man!" He sat up on his elbows and glared at me. "Watch it Nikki." He warned. I just laughed and jumped on him, straddling him. I bent down and kissed him.

My phone rang and I jumped off Marilyn to answer it. "Hello?" A sweet voice came from the other line. "Hello darling! Are you with Marilyn?" I sweetly replied. "Yes, I am, I'll get him." "Thank you honey." I covered the receiver with my hand. "Marilyn, it's your mom." Marilyn sat up and took the phone from me. "Hey mom." I heard a muffled voice on the other line. I missed my mom all of the sudden, but I quickly shook it off. "Nikki?" I turned to look at Marilyn. "Do you want to go out to lunch with my parents later?" I nodded. "Sure." I was comfortable around Marilyn's parents. They were accepting, and Marilyn's mom was the sweetest thing. I loved Marilyn's dad too, but he was a little more open and he voiced his opinions when it wasn't exactly appropriate.

Marilyn got off the phone. "Nikki, can you change my hair before tonight?" I nodded. "Let's go right now. I pulled Marilyn into the bathroom and I sat him down on the counter. "What do you want me to do?" He used his hand and showed me. "Cut it to here, in layers." I cut his hair the way he wanted it, almost to his shoulders. "Okay." He looked at it. "Damn, I look sexy." I laughed. "That you do." He laughed as well. "Hang on." He opened the cabinet and pulled out two boxed of red hair dye. "Give me red highlights." I nodded. "Alright." I did as I was told. "Want me to give you some?" Marilyn asked. I hesitantly shrugged. Marilyn put the red highlights through out my hair and got in the shower to wash the extra dye out. He got out of the shower and I got in. I rinsed my hair and looked at it. It looked pretty awesome. So did Marilyn's, we both looked like a couple of Satan's rejects.

"You ready?" Marilyn asked with a smile. I nodded and Marilyn informed the band that we were going out for a bit.

We flagged a taxi and made our way to the restaurant.

We got out of the car looking like a couple of Satan's rejects. Marilyn in a maroon shirt with leather pants and a leather jacket, me in a purple camisole with a grey jacket and ripped skinny jeans. Marilyn had on platform boots and I had on some combats.

"Nikki! Marilyn!" I turned and saw Barbara and Hugh. Barbara jumped on Marilyn, hugging him, Hugh hugged me, then they switched. "We've missed you both!" I smiled. Marilyn's parents all but raised me, when my parents gave up, they never did. "We missed you too!" Barb hugged me again. We sat down inside and ordered drinks.

"So, I'm dying to know!" I looked at Barb and so did Marilyn. "Are y'all two still a little thing?" She pointed to Marilyn and I. I nodded. Marilyn laughed. "Actually we are a little more than that mom." Hugh perked up. "What do ya mean son?" Marilyn looked at me and nodded. I smiled and composed myself. "Well, at Marilyn's concert the other night, he proposed." I showed his parents the ring. They both gasped and grabbed my hand. Barb began tearing up. "Oh, Nikki, I'm so happy! Hugh and I love you! You're already family." I got a chill. Family. "My little boy is growing up. I wouldn't want him to marry anyone but you Nikki!" I smiled and almost teared up like Barb. "Thank you for that Barb." She smiled and gave back my hand. They asked a little more about the wedding, but we didn't know yet. "So, Nikki, what are you doing nowadays? We already know about Marilyn." I laughed and Marilyn grabbed my hand under the table. "Well, I'm doing many things. I dance and sometimes sing for Marilyn and I am working on my photography." She smiled. "That is great darling!" I smiled and nodded. Marilyn pulled two tickets out of his back pocket. "Here mom, dad, here are two tickets for the show tonight, here in Ohio. You two should come." I nodded.

They took the tickets, saying they would be there and we left. Returning to the bus.