We've Reached the High End of Low

We arrived at some place to do our interview, I didn't pay attention to where. Cara was dressed in a skin tight purple dress, myself in black, Cal in royal blue, Andy in red and Tori in green. We entered the doors and were directed behind another door. The directors or stage hands or whatever they were told us to get in a specific order and come out one at a time as we were called. I felt like I was in elementary school again. "We have the shock rocker, the Antichrist superstar, Marilyn Manson!" Marilyn went out flipping everyone off. "Now Marilyn, I hear you have a special girl?" I heard Marilyn clear his throat."I have for four years now, she has been my best friend for twelve years." The woman directing the interview hummed. "Let's get her out here. Nicole Remmings?" I entered waving. "Hello! Now, at Mr. Manson's most recent concert I heard there was something unusual that happened?" Marilyn laughed and I nodded. "Um, yeah. You could say that." Marilyn looked at me. "I proposed to her." The crowd applauded. "What happened?" I decided to be myself, my smart ass, cocky self. "He proposed." She waited for more but didn't get any. "She said yes." Marilyn laughed. The woman nodded. "Now I hear you are his dancer?" I laughed. "One of them. There is five of us, including myself." "Well let's get them and the rest of the band out here!" I nodded. "Caleigh," Cal came out. "Tori, Cara and Andy?" They appeared. "Zim, Twiggy, Pogo?" Finally everyone was out. I felt complete, like I was at a family reunion. Everyone took a seat. "Now, Marilyn, how did you meet your bride to be?" I smiled and got a cold chill. "I met her in a CD shop when she was seven and I was twelve. I helped her find an Ozzy Osbourne CD." I laughed. "I bumped into him." I added. He nodded and laughed. "And how did you become so close." Before Marilyn could answer I did. "Long story." The woman shrugged. "We have time, why don't you tell us Nicole?"

"He walked me home after we met, we became good friends. I ended up dating someone who was four years older when I was fourteen. One day he tried to rape me, I had skipped school and my parents were at work. Marilyn appeared out of no where and um... kicked his ass." The woman nodded. "Continue." I took a deep breath and nodded. "Um, well, on my seventeenth birthday my parents were out of town and Twiggy, Marilyn and I were drinking. Twiggy left and Marilyn and I got in a fight... he asked me if I would be his. I said yes. Then you know, it progressed from there." The crowd awed, I rolled my eyes. "Can the cute couple give us a little kiss?" I laughed and looked at Marilyn. He winked and we leaned over our chairs to kiss each other. "Awwwww!" I laughed again. They were morons.

She asked a little about Marilyn's music. "So Nicole, what do you think of Marilyn's music?" I switched positions. "I think that it takes intelligence to see past the looked and into the deeper meaning of the music. The lyrics mean things to both of us, given we grew up together. And everyone in this band has a past that wasn't exactly good. The dancers are just that, dancers, something to watch. But the lyrics are something to feel." She nodded and Marilyn smiled. I could tell he was proud.

"And, Cara I believe? I heard that you are dating Pogo?" Cara laughed. "Everyone in all the dancers except Tori is dating a band member." The woman laughed. "We will get into more detail about that later. "Why isn't Tori dating a band member?" Tori cleared her throat. "I'm a lesbian." She said this so plainly I tried not to laugh. I tried so hard. I ended up burying my hands in my face. "She's a natural dick repellent." Twiggy added. I sank lower in my seat, still trying not to laugh.

"Well then. Cara who would you say your best friend is?" Cara laughed. "They all are. But I'm closest to Andy." The woman nodded and looked at Andy. "And Andy, who would you say your best friends are?" Andy shrugged. "I love them all, but like Cara said, I'm closer to her and Nikki." Cal had been sitting quietly. "Caleigh?" Cal looked up, frightened. "Um... Nikki. Her and I have a massive bond." I nodded. "What about you Tori?" Tori shrugged. "I haven't been here long, so Nikki." I laughed, I was in a giggly mood. "And Nicole? Who would yours be?" I took a deep breath. "I don't give labels. I'm close to all of them, but in different ways. Andy and I have a past, Cara and I have a future, Tori and I have similarities and Cal and I have a bond." The woman nodded. "So, now the juicy details. Who is dating who Marilyn?" Marilyn looked like he came out of a daze.

"Twiggy is dating Andy, Cara is dating Pogo, Cal is dating Zim, I'm engaged to Nikki and Tori is, well, you know." The woman laughed. "Well, that is adorable."

"Nikki, what would you say one of your biggest fears is?" This was a tough question. "I have many. Being normal, silence, being alone. Not having Marilyn or Cara, Cal or Tori, or even Andy." She nodded. "Caleigh, is there anyone in the band, who don't really get along?" Cal took a deep breath. "I wouldn't say we don't get along, but there's a few of us who don't talk much." The woman nodded. "Well, thank you to the band of Marilyn Manson for being here, that's all for today." The cameras turned off and everyone relaxed.

We all for up, said our goodbyes, and got back on the bus. "Cara?" She snapped around. "Yeah Nikki? What's up?" I motioned for her to come over. "We haven't ever spent much time together, what do you say we go out for a girls day? Just us?" She nodded. "Sounds great." I nodded. "Marilyn! Cara and I are going out for a while." He nodded.