I'm Never Gonna Be the One For You

After dancing and drinking and Cara and Stormy messing around with the strippers, we were about ready to go home. Cara was having so much fun that I was actually jealous. Cal was a little uptight at first but I got her a drink when I got myself one, making sure it wasn't gin, and she began to relax. I found out that she had been in a car crash and her and Zim basically walked everywhere. That's why she was scared to get in the car, especially without Zim.

I found Cara and she agreed it was about it time to go, so did Stormy, Cal had been ready to leave since we got there.

We drove back to Marilyn's apartment and Cal and I immediately jumped out of the car eager to get back to our boyfriends. As we approached the room we heard screaming, not like idiot guys messing around but like a fight. A real fight, and a bad one.

Cal and I looked at each other terrified, I ran into the room and Cal followed close behind. Zim and Twiggy came running towards us, Twiggy grabbed me and stopped me while Zim grabbed Cal and held her. Cara and Stormy ran in behind us and Twiggy stopped them too. I was panicking, so was Cal, but she was calmer than I was. Zim was holding her and I looked around I saw everyone except Marilyn. I was struggling to see past Twiggy and he was trying to tell me something, but I was too busy looking for Marilyn, all I saw was lips moving. I didn't hear words. "Where is he?!" I screamed into Twiggy's face. "Nikki! You don't wanna go in there!" I glared at him. "Twiggy!" I heard Pogo scream and Twiggy let go of me and turned, running to the living room. "Stay here! Zim hold Cal and the others!" I ran after Twiggy and my heart dropped. Marilyn was on top of someone and he was obviously hitting them, hard. Twiggy ran up again, picked me up and carried me away, I was hitting him and screaming. He set me down and pinned me up against the wall. "Nikki! It's Edgar! He came here looking for you and Marilyn got ahold of him!" I shoved Twiggy out of the way and I ran over. Zim tried to grab my waist but I slipped loose, Twiggy ran past me and told Pogo to get me. Pogo finally caught me and he refused to let go. Finally he instructed Cara to hold me, she obeyed and Stormy helped. "Go help him!" I screamed at both Twiggy and Pogo, I wanted Zim to stay with Cal. "Zim take Cal outside!" Cal tried to fight but Zim took my orders.

I heard Marilyn scream again, not like a scared scream, a scream for someone, I couldn't make out the name. "Call Trent!" He screamed again, I knew he meant Trent Renzor, they were good friends. "Someone call Trent! Don't let Nikki over here!" Pogo took Cara outside and called Trent, Stormy held me.

"Twiggy! I can't hold him much longer! Get Nikki out of here!" I couldn't process what was going on, and before Twiggy could get to me, someone else did. And they had me by the throat. "Marilyn!" I tried to scream but I couldn't, he was strangling me. I couldn't get Edgar off.

All the sudden I flashed back to when I was fourteen, and Edgar had tried to rape me... Marilyn had saved me. Would he be on time this time?

I zoned back in and Edgar slammed me to the ground, still choking me. Black and red blurred my vision, my head hurt. It felt like minutes had gone by, but it had only been seconds.

Marilyn grabbed him by his hair, and I saw a flash of light. I heard Marilyn make a grunting noise. Edgar finally let go of my throat, slowly. I took a deep breath and Stormy pulled me out of the fight. Suddenly everything got quiet. I got up and looked for Marilyn. I didn't see him and again was terrified. All the sudden someone grabbed me around the waist. My heart raced.

I snapped around and saw Marilyn, I kissed him instantly.

I pulled away and turned around. Edgar was on the floor, face down, not moving. I looked at Marilyn and he returned his gaze onto me. "Is he?...." I couldn't finish my sentence. Marilyn nodded and looked at me to see my reaction. I nodded back and took a deep breath. "Are you okay?" I asked, He nodded again. Not speaking to me, I checked over him. There was something wrong. I turned back and looked at Edgar once more. A knife lay beside him, covered in dark red. Edgar didn't have stab wounds, and it wasn't Marilyn's pocket knife. He had given me his knife when I left.... It was Edgar's and one of us had been stabbed.