She's Made of Hair and Bone and Little Teeth.

*Three Years Later*

I sat on the couch, fingers laced together in my lap, elbows on my thighs, I was hunched over watching Sapphire and Phoenix attempt to communicate. Maybe they were, in their own talk. I sighed. They were both so adorable. Black hair. Phoenix still had my lime green eyes and Sapphire still had her blue ones. Both girls were thin for toddlers. They were my everything, they were my world, aside from Marilyn. Whom I had been quarreling with a lot lately.

Sapphire giggled and looked at me. She picked her teddy bear back up and held it in front of me. Phoenix giggled and played with her little barbie. I slowly stood up and sat on my heels next to Sapphire. I took the bear. "Well look at him. Isn't he just the cutest?" She giggled and Phoenix turned her attention towards us. "She mommy." She corrected me. I laughed, I sat down and played with them. I tried to keep their lives as normal as possible. I mean... They had a father that wore make up and sang in a rock band. And a mom who screamed in a band and wore... interesting clothing. They had five aunts and three uncles, not including my brother and sisters. They had grandparents on Marilyn's side, I hid my side from them though. I honestly didn't mind my siblings, or my father, I just didn't know where they were. I'm sure you already know how I feel about my mother.

I heard the door open and the sound of footsteps filled my ears, pulling me from my thoughts. Marilyn appeared grinning. He walked over and bent down, kissing the girl's heads. I smiled as he bent and kissed me. "Daddy!" Sapphire called. He turned and smiled at her. "What's up sweetie?" He asked lightly. She showed him the teddy bear I had bought her earlier today. I bought Phoenix a barbie doll. Although I didn't agree with it, in my eyes barbies showed false beauty. He bent down and took the bear, examining it. "What's his name?" He asked her gently while handing it back. "HER name is fluffy dad!" I giggled. Marilyn put his hands up defensively and patted the head of the bear. "Welcome to the family fluffy." He smiled at Sapphire. Marilyn stood up and Phoenix wobbled up next to him. "Daddy." She said simply. He picked her up and held her. They were surprisingly intelligent for their age.

I took a deep breath and pulled my hair to the side before slouching over and training my eyes back on Sapphire.

I helped Marilyn make dinner. "Hey guys!" Cal cheerfully said as she made her way down the stairs, followed by Zim who waved. "Aunt Cal!" Sapphire ran to her like she hadn't seen her in weeks. Even though we lived with her, Zim and Brenda still. I smiled. Cal picked her up and placed her on her hip. "Hey sugar butt." Cal gave her a playful pat and sat her back down. Sapphire giggled. A few months back, when attempting to get Sapphire to say her name, she had only managed to say Fire. Which amused Marilyn immensely. We called her Fire when we were around her, now however, she could say her name clearly so to make that a habit we called her Sapphire. She was wearing a little black dress that had a blue ribbon around the waist. Phoenix was wearing one that had a red ribbon. "Smells great! What's cooking mama?" Cal asked playfully. I rolled my eyes. Everyone had taken to calling me mama, I despised it. I shot a glare in her direction. "It's Nikki, and salmon." I stated. She laughed and clapped. "Yum!" She sat on the barstool on the other side of the island.

"Is aunty Cara coming too? And uncle Pogo?" I laughed and nodded. "What about Twiggy and Andy?" Asked Phoenix. I nodded. "Everyone is coming for your birthday girls." Marilyn stated. Both girls laughed and clapped. I let Marilyn finish up dinner while I cleaned up the girls. I left their hair natural, both girls had wavy black hair just like mine.

"Hey!" I heard Andy call from downstairs. "Hey!" I heard Brenda reply. I smiled and shook my head at the girls. "Y'all ready?" I asked in a gently voice. Phoenix nodded gently, Sapphire giggled. "Yeah!" Sapphire jumped off the counter while I grabbed Phoenix. I grabbed the girls hands and we walked downstairs. Phoenix was more of a quiet child. Sapphire on the other hand, was spunky. Sapphire had the personality of Nikki and Marilyn. Phoenix had the personality of Nicole and Brian. Phoenix clung to my leg and Sapphire ran to Andy. Andy picked her up and swung her around. Andy laughed and Sapphire giggled. "Hey munchkin." Twiggy pulled her from Andy and tickled her. She laughed hard and squirmed. "Stop it!" She whined. I smiked at the warm feeling in my heart.