They'll Never be Anything

Cal and I were running and attempting to catch up to Cara and Stormy. "Come on!" Stormy's voice echoed from around the corner. We finally caught up and I was about to get in the elevator when I felt like I was being watched... or maybe followed... I looked around me. "What?" Cal had seen me and was worried now. "Nothing." I smiled and got in the elevator.

Once we stepped out Cal and I linked arms. "I'll drive." Chimed Stormy. Everyone agreed. All the sudden someone grabbed me from behind and I screamed.

My arm was pulled out of Cal's and someone had a tight grip on me. "Let go!" I screamed and elbowed whoever it was. I screamed and kicked and my feet lifted off the ground, then dropped back down. The arms tightened around me. "Baby. Baby calm down." I gasped and turned around to see Marilyn.

"I'm so sorry!" He smiled and I felt terrible. I had elbowed him. "I was going to give you this," he handed me a pocket knife. "but I guess you don't need it." He smirked and I hugged him. "I'm sorry. And I'll be fine, I'll keep someone with me at all times I promise." I felt like a little kid. He laughed and kissed me, squeezing my side, I squirmed as usual. He leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "come home to me tonight baby." I pulled back and looked at him. Confused. "I love you." I said as I nodded. "I love you too. Be careful." I nodded again. "Y'all are so adorable, but Nikki, ass, in the car, now." I snapped around and glared at Stormy, she laughed.

I walked away and he just stood there. I got in the backseat. Cal just stood outside of the car. "Come on!" Cal just looked at Cara. I got out if the car again. I walked over to Cal. "Cal. You can't ever have fun and let loose if you don't take risks." She looked at me. "Nikki, I haven't been anywhere without Zim in two years." I nodded. "And when you get done having a good time, we will come back, and he'll be here." She just looked at me and I spoke again, holding her arm. "Cal. I'm here."

She just looked at me and swallowed. I opened her car door and she slid in. I went around and got back in. "All set?" Stormy turned and looked at me, I nodded.

We had been driving for about ten minutes. I Looked over at Cal who was looking out the window with her arms crossed over her lap.

I took a deep breath and looked out the window myself. Fear struck into me as I remembered all the things that had happened in The Night Shade. Then, I heard my own words. "You can't ever have fun and let loose if you don't take risks." I nodded as though talking to myself, and relaxed.

We parked and got out. Cal was a little hesitant but she got out and clung to me. I smiled and we kept walking. "Hey guys, Cal and I are going to run to the bathroom real quick. We will meet y'all in a few." Once inside I took Cal to the bathroom. "Okay, trade pants with me." She looked scared once again. "Why?" I looked at her again and began taking my pants off. "Because we are at a club, with dirty guys. And I would rather be the one wearing a miniskirt than you." She nodded and took off the skirt. We quickly exchanged clothes. "Also," We adjusted ourselves. "do not go anywhere, or drink anything without my permission." She asked why again and I explained that I had been there two times and one out of the two times I had been poisoned. She agreed to my one rule and we went to meet Cara and Stormy.