There is Something Cold and Blank Behind Her Smile

Its been about three months since Stormy's funeral. I was better, and so was everyone else. We had decided that instead of talking through our feelings we should act like it never happened. It was just better that way. Cara was keeping her head high and keeping things to herself, along with her emotions. That wasn't anything new.

Cal was getting over some phobias thanks to Cara and I. She trusted me, and it made me happy. I would never do a thing to hurt her, ever. I loved Cal, and I felt for her. I loved Cara as well, and I also admired her. She was so good at hiding her emotions. I wasn't so bad at it myself. It caused Marilyn to feel neglected, you could tell, although he didn't say it. I had been great at showing my affection towards my companions... until that day with Edgar. Nowadays, it was becoming harder and harder to convince Marilyn that I loved him, I knew I would have to try harder.

On the other hand, Marilyn was becoming increasingly affectionate, especially in public. I think he was scared to lose me. Since Stormy died, he has this idea that I'm going to just fall over dead one day. I guess you never know.

Twiggy was getting back to himself, slowly though. Zim was struggling with keeping Cal on her feet but he won't ever leave her, he loved her with all he had. Pogo hadn't changed much. All his attention was on Cara, about as much as Marilyn's given me his.

I did love Marilyn and it pained me to know that he was skeptical about my feelings for him. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

No one had heard a thing about Edgar's death. And I hoped it would stay that way.

The worst pain over Stormy's death came a few weeks ago, I had just woken up and called her to see if she wanted to spend some time at the mall. It hit me that she wouldn't answer after I had called her three times. I became a mess again and Marilyn took care of me. I didn't see how he could stand me. I was so emotional and just a problem really, if he could handle me this well, and not complain, then I could show him as much affection as he could handle.

I woke up the next morning and plastered my usual fake smile on. I turned over and looked at Marilyn. He was sound asleep. Okay, I had to show him I loved him. I jumped out from under the covers and straddled him. He slowly turned over, eyes still closed. "Good morning sexy!" I poked his stomach and he jumped a little laughing. He slowly opened his eyes. "Isn't it too early for all this?" I pretended to be shocked. "It is never too early to cuddle and watch movies!" He laughed and flipped me over so he was on top. I laughed this time. "Well then that's what we'll do." He leaned down and kissed me. "I got the movie." I winked after telling him this. "Oh? What is it?" I smiled and jumped out from under him, I took off running down the hall and he followed. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of my favorite red wine. What could complete this? Grilled cheese. He watched me as I pulled out the foods. A laugh immediately erupted from his lips. "Hey!" I turned and leaned over the counter on my elbows. "Yes?" I answered him. He leaned over the counter and got ready to kiss me. I pulled back. "So guess what movie?" He did a playful glare in my direction and I laughed. "Tease." I laughed again and brought the food around the corner into the living room.

This would be different. Better.