Bleeding Like a Polariod

I grabbed Marilyn's hand and sat him on the couch. I slowly pulled the chosen movie out from behind me and told him to close his eyes. He laughed and rolled his eyes just before closing them, finally, I sat the movie in his hands. He opened his eyes to Nightmare on Elm Street. He looked at me. "The first movie we ever watched together." I nodded and laughed.

"I still can't believe you said yes to me asking you out."

"Why not?"

"Because you were all I wanted, you are all I want. I'm surprised I got you." I laughed at his self esteem issue.

"Babe, I'm never leaving, you are perfect." He nodded and smiled before leaning forward and kissing me. I pushed the kiss deeper and he pushed my black hair behind my shoulders. I grabbed a handful of his. I laughed and jumped up. "Movie." I held out my hand and demanded it from him. He turned it over, pouting. I laughed and popped in the movie before sitting on the opposite side of the couch. He looked at me, mouth gaping.

"Nice try!" He pulled me towards him and wrapped his arms around me. "Your mine, so I can cuddle with you now."

I laughed. "I love you." He looked shocked at my words. "What?" I asked. He shook his head. "I think that's the first time you have ever said that first. I love you too." I laughed and hit him with the couch pillow. He laughed and kissed me again.

The movie was starting and Marilyn and I had already began our ritual of talking and joking around. I told him I loved his girlish hair and he laughed and pinned me down demanding I take it back. All the sudden he stopped and looked at my arm. He got off me. "What have you done?!" I was confused and looked at my wrist. I had cut myself. It was a habit I thought I had dropped, but when Stormy died, I couldn't get rid of the pain.

"I'm sorry." I looked down. He lifted my head. "Nikki, I will always protect you from harm, even if it's caused by you. I've proved that haven't I?! Don't you ever do this again. Do you understand me?" I nodded timidly. "I'm sorry."

He pulled me to him and held me. "Baby. You can't do this. I love you. Please don't hurt yourself." I nodded and wrapped my arms around him. "You can't close yourself off. Things like this happen. I have known you since your were a little girl. We have been dating for almost five years. You need to start telling me how you feel and start letting me be here for you." I nodded again and squeezed him tighter. "And babe, I wanted to tell you at the right moment but, I'm going on tour, come with me?" I looked at him, he always had interesting timing. I just nodded once again. He nodded and smiled, kissing my hairline.