Chapter 31 - Blood

(Pre A/N): so i didnt want to make this too gory or graphic or anything, but it may be kinda gory for those who are faint hearted... so uhh read at your own will!

Screams were all I could hear.

Calum and Ashley both screamed in pain while the rest of us stood back and watched the scene in front of us unfold, jaws dropped and eyes watered. Calum screamed in struggle as he tried to pry the metal open, to no avail while Ashley screamed at her inevitably dead lover.

"Calum, baby listen." Ashley began, placing his head in her lap as she kneeled on the floor. Calum moaned as his almost decapitated head looked in great pain. The seemingly old bear trap wasn't strong enough to slice his head in two, but got stuck halfway.

Stroking the back of her hand across his cheek and then softly combing his strands of hair that began to soak with his blood, Ashley could barely keep herself together. Her voice cracked at every syllable as she tried to remain sane for Calum. "I love you ok and I'll get you out of this Calum. Look at me, you're gonna be ok!" She choked out and it sounded as if she was reassuring herself more than the dying boy.

"I love... you... too." Calum whispered, his voice strained as the metal trap had closed around his throat, his chest rose and fell rapidly as it was evident he was straining for those last inhales of sweet oxygen, yet was unable as his airways had been pierced. His eyes began to roll back and blood had spattered everywhere, as the brown leaves of the forest floor began to turn a sickly crimson. The flashlight of a phone was the only light source that allowed us to see but after a while I wanted to bleach my eyes and my brain to forget the horrors that I had just witnessed.

As much as Calum was an asshole, he was my best friend. And no matter how much he denied that fact, I knew the real Calum was trapped inside his own facade.

"I'm... so... sorry..." Calum managed to spit out, blood foaming in his mouth, a trail flowing down his cheek and soaking Ashley's skirt as he looked up, not to Ashley... but to me?

Tears had begun to flow freely from my eyes as I couldn't hold back any longer.

This was my fault.

This was all my fault.

If I hadn't led the others here in the first place then... Calum would still be alive.

It should be me there... not him...

"CALUM!" Ashley screamed out, wailing as she looked to the dark sky, almost as if she was watching the ascension of the ghost of Calum.

His eyes rolled back while his mouth remained open.

"Do something!" She yelled to the four of us as if we could retain life in the dead boy. "DO SOMETHING!" She continued as we all stood where we were, standing helplessly as even Ashley knew herself that there was nothing we could do. "Oh god, I'm so sorry..." She whispered, so faint but I was able to make out her words. Her tears dripped onto his cheek as she leaned her lips against his forehead and left a sweet kiss. 

(A/N): YOU GUYS

ARE 

GONNA

H8 

ME 

4

DIS 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

well i better go prepare my funeral...