Chapter 35 - Change

(Pre a/n): from now, the chapters will be set slightly further into the future where they've finished their exams, graduated and etc. i dont really wanna talk about school stuff anymore lol. So, for the most part, this is gonna be a filler kinda chapter. I apologise in advance if it's boring! I want to set the scene before i make any drama happen :p

"I can't believe it's actually over!" Michael cheered, fistbumping the air in joy.

"Don't need to go back there for the rest of our life. Now we can party like there's no tomorrow!" Luke chimed in. As always he liked to party.

"I'm so proud of you." Reese smiled, as our cheers faded into a silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable one, but rather the opposite.

The four of us sat together like old times in the booth we called ours in the ice cream shop that was our meet up destination. Although the booth felt empty without Hayley and Calum, we promised to forget what happened, but never to forget them as being part of us.

As I ventured on home I let my mind wander.

I never thought this day would come. The day when I'd be so free that I didn't quite know what to do with myself. After spending years at the particular prison we called school, it was finally time to kiss the place goodbye forever.

Finally I felt content with the way life was going, so much so that I would wake up with a smile on my face and a newfound determination to grab the day by the nutsack and make it my bitch.

Michael and I had grown a lot closer, partially due to our chemistry tuition lessons. But mostly due to our nights together out on my roof, smoking something or the other and riding out our high by rampaging through the night city like it was just the two of us.

Luke and I had both chosen to leave the past in the past and move forward, together into a future where we would see each other as nothing less than friends.

I was so grateful to have Kathryn by my side and so glad that I could call her a friend also, who helped me out through the toughest spots and always managed to put a smile on my face when all i wanted to do was frown.

For the most part it seemed as though Ashley had forgotten about me completely as she moved on with her life. A life without Calum at her side... It was unfortunate for his fate to have befallen in such a youth, but it would be more unfortunate if I remembered him in a hateful light because of how he treated me. I always chose to remember the old days when he'd greet me with nothing less than a smile.

But most importantly, Ashton had seemed to regain his health steadily. Although he had returned home after spending months in a hospital bed, I was glad he was right across the corridor again. He had never fully recovered, but he made it through somehow.

And mom.. And dad... they seemed happy too. Even though the actions of the past could never be undone or forgiven, I watched as both my parents shared a laugh together at the kitchen table - a sight I definitely wasn't familiar with.

A thought had come to me at that second, but it was unlike the many other, self destructive ones that my subconscious would create.

Every now and then we wish to go back in time and make a change. Change something that we regret deeply at this present moment in time. But we never really stop and think what would happen if we did erase that certain moment.

We wouldn't be who we are today.

Our future would never have been the same.

(actual a/n): my internet wanted to play yesterday so i thought i'd just upload today instead. I was like...

I aint playin wich ya boi!

But anyway, i wanted to give a little heads up, I'm going on holiday next week (for a week i think) so i won't be updating for a while. I might try and get an update out like saturday, but idk, im not makin any promises

So this chapter was kind of about change and the past. Therefore the QOTC that i wanted to ask you guys today isssssss: have you done something that you truly regret and wish to go back in time to change? And if so, why would you wanna change it, like what kind of effect would you think that change would bring about?

And uhh, sorry to you guys who wanted a luke/maya thing. The michael/maya ship was more anticpated so i let her loose and she sailed off into the sunset

Anyway, see you when i get back and thank you guys so much for over 50K reads... THAT IS INSANE and im so fortunate i get to be able to write and so grateful i actually have you amazing people to read it :))))))))))))))))))))