Awakening

I wake up and immediately see a nurse. "H-hello" i say startling the nurse. "Oh, you're awake" she says "you must be confused". "Yea where am i for one, and how long have i been here" i ask. "Well you have been in a coma for 6 months from a large explosion that happened downtown, and you're in a hospital" she answers. "You said it's been 6 months!" i ask "What the hell" i think to myself.

"Well i have to ask you a few questions because i'm pretty curious to how you survived" she says "What's the last thing you remember". "I-i remember this shard falling out of the sky, it landed right next to me and I-i touched it" i say "Then everything exploded and i wake up to see, i'd say 10 city blocks, completely destroyed" i say. "I saw buildings ripped apart and people, must've been at least a thousand of them, all charred corpses" i say barely getting it out.

"Shard? What did it look like?" she asks. "It was red and glowing, maybe 2 feet tall" i answer. "And your first reaction was to touch it" she says judgingly. "I'm a dumbass sometimes" i say. "Well, you've had a few friends try to come see you but we had to turn them away due to no way of knowing who they are" she says. "What were their names" i ask. "A girl named Taylor with a girl named Charlyse, and a guy named Nate" she says. "Call them back, those are my friends" i tell her. "Ok i'll be right back then" she says leaving the room.

When she gets back we talk for about twenty minutes until i see Taylor, a short girl that is a lot stronger and scarier than she looks, burst into the room demanding to see me. "Twin calm down i'm fine" i say. People call us twins because we seemingly have the same lives for the most part and pretty much whatever happens to me happens to her, and vice versa. Although i'm glad to see she isn't in the hospital.

"Jack you dumbass" she says while running toward me. My name is Jack by the way. "Yea yea i kn-" i say but am cut off by her hugging me. "Taylor......you might want to let go before you have a panic attack" i say. She has androphobia (fear of men). "Shut up i don't care, i care more that you're safe, i don't know what i'd do if you died" she says with tears in her eyes. "Sweetie wait up, you're too fast" Charlyse says in a soft voice coming through the door. Charlyse is her fiancee of two years and girlfriend of five.

"Hi Charlyse, i think i'm ready to go home" i say. "Hey asshole" i hear from the doorway. "Nate you son of a bitch, get your ass over here" i say to the man standing in the doorway. Nate is my roommate and friend since freshman year of college, we all went to college together. "Look jackass don't think you can leave us just yet, he's so desperate he went and blew himself up" he says. "Alright alright shut up i'm fine, come on i just want to go home" i say. I get my stuff from the hospital and say bye to Taylor and Charlyse and get in the car with Nate.

"So since i've been out for awhile you wanna tell me what's happened since" i ask him. "Well, my job still sucks, our apartment still sucks, and my car still sucks, but i'm pretty damn good" he says. "Ok sarcastic narcissist, how's everyone been doing" i say with a chuckle. "Well Taylor and Charlyse have finally set a date to get married." he says "I'm still looking for someone as good looking as me, oh and Katie has been coming by all the time asking for news on your condition". "Aw hell" i say. Katie is part of our college group, that i had a fling with but we both decided to put that behind us.

"Bro i think she still has feelings for you" he says. "Shut the hell up man, i'll talk to her tomorrow once i get a good nap" i say "Nap? Asshole you've been asleep for 6 months and you want a nap?" he says laughing. All of a sudden a column of stone erupts right in front of us with Nate slamming on the brakes just barely missing it. I see a man with stone all over him as if it was a part of his body get gunned down by a few soldiers. "Man what the hell was that" i ask Nate. "People with "powers" have been popping up all over the place, most are killed or arrested by the military" he says. "Lets just get home man" i say.

A little while later we arrive home and i eat most of what's in our fridge and crash instantly on my bed. But all throughout my sleep i kept feeling sensations that i had never felt before. Almost like things pulling me towards certain things, i could feel the environment around me, like it was changeable......... moldable. I ignored it though and fell completely asleep.