Finding Bad News

(Viktoria's Viewpoint)

Walking into the corridor with Nate felt weird as I kept seeing strange colors and figures pop up. "Hey, you feeling alright?" Nate asks me. "Y-yea, i'm just a little anxious is all" I answer nervously. "So, what do you think we should be on the lookout for?" I ask, changing the subject. "Probably a research room or data storage of some sort" He replies as we continue walking down the corridor. It was an eerie, unnatural white on the walls. It didn't help that they were all rippling like water. Ever since we came here I've been seeing everything differently.

Nate stops and reads a sign on one of the doors. "Something is pulling me towards this room" He says. "Well, let's head in" I say walking back to him. He pushes open the door to come to a small room with computers and desks. There was three scientists standing in the middle however, and when we walked in they swung around to face us. One of them pulled out a handgun and pointed it at us. "Alright, put your hands in the air where I can see th-" he says but is cut off by Nate blinking his dagger into the man's hand. Then in a swift move, Nate blinks forward and cuts into his neck. I draw my katana and rush the one in the left. The one on the right wrestles with Nate while I dismember the left one. Nate ends up blinking his opponent and himself to the ceiling and pile-driving the man to the ground, breaking his neck and killing him in the process.

We steady ourselves and catch our breath. "Well, that was unexpected" Nate says nonchalantly. "Nice thinking with the last guy" I compliment him. "Thanks, nice speed with that blade" He tells me. I get to a computer just as he does and begin to search for anything important. A few minutes pass and nothing jumps out. "How you doing over there?" I call out to Nate. "Nothing over here" he replies. A few more minutes pass when a snake slithers up next to me. I draw my blade and slice it in half. "Stupid nope ropes" I mutter to myself. "What was that?" Nate asks me. "Nothing, still looking" I reply.

"Hold on a sec" I say looking at a document that gives me shivers. "Nate, come look at this" I say slowly. He walks over and looks at my screen. "Oh shit" he whispers. It read 'Arkyn found, restoration nearly complete'. I click on the document and begin to feel dread at what I read. "Our Lord Arkyn has come to us in a weakened state, we have already been working on ways to restore his true power. He can feed on a large group of Sentinels to come closer to his goal, and we already have over one hundred thousand artificial and natural Sentinels to our cause. The Lord will come to rule this world that is rightfully his!" I read. Nate hands me a flash drive and says "Copy that". I plug it in to the desktop and copy over the document. "Done" I say standing up and taking the drive.

We begin to walk to the door when guards bust in. In the blink of an eye, Nate grabs my hand and all of a sudden we are on a rafter connected to the ceiling, overlooking the guards. He looks at me and nods, so I nod back. I collect water in the air and fire it at all ten guards heads, encasing it and blinding them. Nate and I jump down and start cutting through their ranks. In as little as ten seconds, they all lie dead on the ground. "Come on, we gotta get this to Jack" Nate says grabbing my hand and running out the door. I never knew how soft his hands were, they felt nice.