New Mission

I look at them and just hold up a video tape. "Don't tell me...." Taylor says. "How did you find it" Viktoria asks. "You're a genius Charlyse tells me. In my hand I held the first movie we all saw together. I pop it into my VCR and sit on the couch with them. After the movie finishes I get up and fetch a few glasses. I pour the most expensive bottle of wine into the glasses for one last drink with my friends. I walk over to them and hand over the glasses. The sun starts to go down, so we all turn and watch it through the window wall. The sun hits the horizon and creates a beautiful sight, a fitting end to great bonds. I through my finger up to the sky, dreading what comes next. A bright white flash fills the room, and my friends all hit the floor.

"Did it work?" I ask with tears welling in my eyes. "Yes, it worked very well in fact" The Progenitor says. "What memories did you give them" I ask with my tears hitting the floor. "They will be back in college, and will have experienced being with you and Nate until this day, where you had to leave to take care of your sick mother" he tells me. "And what of Nate?" I ask. "Viktoria will remember a good relationship, but he got hit by a car unfortunately" he says. I look at him with bloodshot, puffy eyes and he just says "Drunk driver".

"You need to come to the Council hall, we have some things to discuss" The Progenitor tells me. "Can't it wait?" I ask, turning my back to him. "No, it's very important" he tells me. "Then let's go" I say to him. A quick white flash teleports us straight to the Meeting Hall. I take my seat and let the meeting begin. "Now, you all know why I called this special meeting" The Progenitor booms "Arkyn is gaining power and amassing an army". The hall goes into whispers. "We need to find allies, I have appointed many Sentinels to visit powerful countries to secure their allegiance" he says. "And we need to get our own military going, I don't think it's going to cut it right now" he declares.

"I think we need to discuss our guest today as well" The Progenitor says, beckoning towards me. "The rumors are true, he is the Tohu reincarnate" he booms. The hall erupts in yelling and fussing. "Quiet down!" the new Speaker yells. The uproar slows to a halt and the Progenitor continues. "As you may know, Arkyn is also Tohu incarnate, but he does not have access to Chaos" he says. "There is another, we don't know where he is or who he is but, I am personally assigning Jack here to find him" he says. This causes a second uproar, worse than the first.

"Him? He's just a rookie!" One yells. "Surely you are going to send Council members?!" Another yells. "Let me go, i'll find him real fast" a hot blooded member says. "No, let me, i'll be faster" another says. Several more pop up, clearly infuriating the Progenitor. He slams his fist on the table, sending everyone back into their chairs. "No, Jack is going, that's final!" he yells. "This meeting is adjourned" he says before teleporting everyone away.

He turns to me and smiles. With a snap of his fingers, we appear into his room. "Jack, I have to ask you something" he says. "Yes?" I ask. "Do you believe in ghosts?" he asks. "I don't know, with all of this I guess ghosts could be real" I tell him. "Why do you ask?" I ask him. "Do you know why I chose you for this mission?" he asks me, avoiding my question. "No sir" I tell him. "It's because I know you're pure, you won't be grabbing every but of power that heads your way" he says. "Thank you sir?" I ask. "By the way, someone wants to see you, but i'll leave the two of you alone" he says as he teleports away., "Hey, it's good to see you Jack" I hear coming from somewhere. "Who is it?" I ask. The voice is familiar but, I can't figure out exactly who it belongs to. "Did you forget me? It hasn't been that long has it" I hear again. This time, a man appears in front of me. A familiar, if transparent man. I smile and realize who it is. If I didn't believe in ghosts before, I do now.

The End