Guests In Our Apartment

"Um hello, what are you people doing in my apartment" i ask the three. "Hmph, Et quis non novit nos sumus" the short one says. "Bacchus, speak in english, they can't understand all languages" the tall male says. "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Thor, God of thunder and war" the tall one says. "Ugh we're not gods Thor, you pompous ass" the girl says. "Hi i'm Caoimhe (Queeva) we are Sentinels, powerful beings that people throughout the ages worshipped as Gods, angels, demons, and such" she says.

"Sentinel, that's what the soldiers called me" i say. "You're an artificial Sentinel, not actually meant to be that way" she says. "That shard you touched released the trapped souls of Sentinels into you, and that shard was the second largest made which is why you are so powerful" she explains. "Usually Sentinels get one sphere of power, although they can develop more through training and other special means, you have many powers which is very unnatural" she says.

"So i'm special?" i ask "What is this Sentinel thing, this is all so much". "So since the beginning of human sentience, Sentinels have always existed, simply powerful beings" she says. "For instance, Bacchus here was born in 1500 B.C. on Crete and he is the wisest and most well rounded of us three, and he was worshipped by greeks and romans as a God" she says. "Yes yes, i am powerful and wise, i never get tired of hearing that" Bacchus says sarcastically. "Thor here was born sometime in the 800s A.D. in Norway, he is one of the most powerful Sentinels in terms of brutish strength and sheer skill with the powers he has, although they are limited" she says. "I was born in the 1500s A.D. on Ireland, i'm a respected swordmaster and hand to hand fighter, while i do have powers i don't use them as often and i'm only about averagely skilled with them" she says.

"Ok i'm still confused, how is this real, why are you here" i ask. "The Old Man sent us to make sure you weren't insane as most humans that get Sentinel power go mad" she says "For instance, Vampires and Werewolves and other mythological monsters were just human wizards that acquired Sentinel powers and went mad". "Old Man, who is that, did he make those shards?" i ask. "No no, The Old Man was the one that gathered the High Council of Sentinelity, and some say he is the originator of the Sentinels" she says.

"High Council, are you saying there's a whole nother world that humans don't know about?" i ask. "Yes, quite a large world at that, the High Council was founded in 500 A.D after the collapse of the western roman empire, whose emperor had always been a sentinel until it started to decay" she says. "The Council is made of the most powerful and wisest Sentinels around the world" she explains. "Yea and somehow i wasn't let on the Council" Thor says. "Oh please, you may be powerful but you have to be wise too" Caoimhe says "If anyone should be on that Council it's Bacchus". Thor made a groan. "So who made the shards?" i ask.

"A very powerful human that became the first and only born human to be granted Sentinel powers by The Old Man" she says. "He became corrupt though and sought more and more power, so he ended up killing and trapping the souls of fellow Sentinels" she says "They ended up forming into a huge crystal and the High Council caught wind of this and sent a task force to apprehend him and destroy the crystal". "But we did not succeed, he ended up blowing the crystal apart sending it all over earth and fought of countless Sentinels before he escaped" she says.

"He was one of the most powerful to ever live and yet he still wanted more" she says "You see we technically aren't immortal, we just don't age". "If i had acted sooner we would have been able to stop him" she says regretfully. "Caoimhe you need to stop blaming yourself, you we're one of thousands that followed him, there was no way of knowing he was killing so many people" Bacchus pipes up. "Yea don't frown either, it makes lines on your pretty face" Thor says as he slaps her ass. "Bad idea" Bacchus mumbles. Caoimhe's face turned red with rage as she spun around and kicked him in the groin. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Thor screams collapsing to the ground. Me, Nate, Taylor, Charlyse, and Viktoria bust out laughing. "Do NOT touch me you pervert" she scorns.

"Ok how about we get to the point of us being here, you and your friends need to come with us" Bacchus says. "Why do we need to go" Nate says. "Because you've been exposed to this world, you Jack, we need because there will be another attempt to stop him, he is gathering Sentinels again" Bacchus says. "And with you being so powerful well need you especially".

"This is something out of a comic book, but i accept" i say. "Good, oh and before i forget, when you become a sentinel your human identity is no longer needed" Caoimhe says. "You've been given a new name" she says. "You are now known as Talos, welcome to Sentinelity" she says.