New Speaker

"Amaterasu!" The Progenitor chooses. The entire city seemed to explode in celebration, while the only thing I could think about was that my best friend's murderer is gonna be in charge of me. The meeting room goes into an uproar, people congratulating Amaterasu for her win. "I almost choose you Alexander, but your powers would've made the Council useless" The Progenitor tells him. "I understand sir" he responds. "Bacchus, you are drunk right now, need I say more?" the Progenitor asks Bacchus. "John, you are exceptional, but we are going to need a military leader for this upcoming war" he tells the man. "Peter, you would have made an excellent Speaker, but I'm afraid you would've tried to grab as much power as you could" he tells the emperor. "And Da Vinci, you didn't have any quality that stuck out, more like good on all great on none" he finishes.

"There you have it Alharis, your new Speaker!" the Progenitor states, raising Amaterasu's hand. More celebration begins, as I begin to feel sick. My friends are having more drinks and partying, while the Progenitor walks up to me. "I need to talk to you, in private" he tells me. "Hey Caoimhe, i'll be right back" I tell her with a kiss. I follow the Progenitor to his teleporter and arrive in his office. "We need to talk about a few things" he tells me. "Yes we do, very important things" I say to him.

"I can feel him, he is growing in power" the Progenitor says. "Arkyn?" I ask. "Yes, there is going to come a time where you will be the only one who can face him" he tells me. "Why me?" I ask. "You are the same, both products of Chaos herself" he tells me. "How can I be his reincarnation if he is still alive?" I ask. "You do not have access to Tohu's power, but neither does Arkyn" the Progenitor explains. "There is still an earlier incarnation who is not dead yet, we need to find him" he says. "Well where is he? Maybe we can protect him" I suggest. "I have no idea, he disappeared one day and I never felt him again" he says.

"But enough of that, I have something a bit more recent to tell you" The Progenitor says. "Recent? What is it?" I ask him. "There is a way to heal your friends" he says. "What! How!" I yell. "Well, I would need to turn back the state of their bodies to before any of this happened to them" he says. "What are we waiting for then, we have to go through with this!' I exclaim. "There's a problem" he says with a sigh. "What problem?" I ask tentatively. "It would erase all recollection of everything they've experienced since that day in the theater" he says. I sit there, tossing around the idea. "And what of Nate?" I ask. "I cannot bring back the dead, but I can place other memories into your friends minds" the Progenitor says. "So, I wouldn't be able to contact them again?" I ask him. "No, your presence could restart memories, and then they would be a target for the Cult" he says. I sit there in silence for a few minutes before I make a decision. "Let's do it" I say finally.