Saving Our Mentor

(Short chapter today)

"Hope you guys didn't get bored coming here" we hear as we turn around to see Caoimhe standing there. "W-what are you doing" i say with a stammer "We thought you got kidnapped". Caoimhe smiles and giggles "Oh yea, that". "So, you weren't in grave danger" Nate says exasperated "So i could be eating soup right now". "I mean you could be but you'd miss all this fun" she says cheerfully. "Fun?" Viktoria says "I got my eye whacked by a fat guy!". "You did pretty well in that fight too" Caoimhe says. "So, why are we here" Charlyse asks lazily. "Oh right, it was a test" Caoimhe explains "To test your individual skills and teamwork abilities". "And i'd say you passed" she adds. "Is this some kind of a joke?" Charlyse asks clearly annoyed. "No, this was completely serious" Caoimhe says with a giggle.

"So where are Thor and Bacchus" Nate asks. "Oh they actually are at a meeting, they won't be back for quite some time" she says. "So what are these guys" i say, kicking the brute. "Androids, pretty realistic ones too" she says. "So we were getting our asses kicked by robots" Taylor says. "Pretty much, yea" Caoimhe says with a smile. "The robot apocalypse is coming sooner than we thought" Nate says sarcastically. "Well, i have some things to teach you when we get back home, the androids will clean up here" Caoimhe says.

We arrive home, all still thinking about what happened. "I'm shook" Nate says. "Me too man, me too" i say eyes wide open. "Oh shush, you guys did fine" Caoimhe says. "I was really impressed by your teamwork in taking down the big guy, especially the throwing Nate". "Viktoria, your sword skills have gotten much better. Taylor, your shooting is messy but effective. Charlyse, you need to hold onto your gun better." Caoimhe says to us. "All in all you're all ready" she says.

"Ready for what" i ask. "Well, there is a cult that follows Arkyn, and they have been capturing crazed Sentinels and brainwashing them" she says. "They think that they will all become a part of Arkyn when he comes to full power, like some sort of pantheistic religion" she adds. "They do have some powerful members, some human and some Sentinel." she ends. "Are they all retards" Nate asks. "Pretty much yes" Caoimhe answers "Arkyn just wants to use them to gain more power and eventually enslave them".

"Speaking of Arkyn, where is he" i ask. "We don't entirely know, we think he is just a spirit or something similar" Caoimhe answers "It's not likely that he still has a physical body with all the damage we did to him". "So this cult wants to revive him, what if he doesn't get his power back" Viktoria asks. "We don't know, we don't know much about this cult or about Arkyn's current situation" Caoimhe says with a sigh "But we do know that he had the potential to become more powerful than the Old Man, and if that happens then no one will be able to stop him"