Seeing Things

We stand there silent for a few minutes, not knowing our next course of action. "So, anyone know what we're doing" Nate pipes up. "Well, let's look to our fearless leader shall we" Charlyse adds. They all look at me in unison. "Hey, I didn't sign up to be leader" I protest. "All those in favor of making Jack our leader, raise your right arm" Taylor says. Everyone, including the animals, raises their arms in the air. "Now if anything goes wrong, we can just blame it on you, hahahahaha" Michael says candidly. "So, what are we doing leader" Viktoria says to me. "Okay, I can see you are all a bit mad at me for this situation, but we can make the best of this" I say. "How?" Charlyse asks. "By killing a bunch of cultists" I answer with a smile.

"Oh yeah? How are we gonna find them?" Nate asks. "We're gonna look around" I say. "Perfect plan" Taylor says with a sigh. "Ah come on, let's get on the road" I say walking to the door. I exit with the others close behind me. "Oof" Viktoria says, running into the wall next to the door. "You alright girl?" Nate asks her. "Yeah, I thought the door was right there, but it wasn't" She replies. We continue onto the streets of Stavanger, looking for any clues of cult activities. "So, how are we gonna know when we find the cult" Nate asks. "We'll know man" I reply. "So we're lost then" Taylor says. "No, I know exactly what i'm doing" I say unsuredly.

"Ahh!" Viktoria yelps all of a sudden. "What's wrong?" Charlyse asks her. "I thought I saw a rat, just spooked me" She replies. "Let's keep moving guys" I say, walking deeper into the city. "Alright so, I have to admit that i'm a little lost" I say. Everyone sighs and looks at me. "What?" I ask. "You're an idiot Jack" Everyone says at once. Out of nowhere, a man rushes by and grabs Viktoria. "What the hell!" I exclaim. The man runs down the eerily empty street with Viktoria over his shoulder. Charlyse aims her gun when Nate steps in and says "I got this". He takes out his dagger and throws it towards the man, blinking it forward and impaling the kidnapper's neck.

I look at him in surprise. He cocks his head, smiles and says "Just a little something I've been working on". We run towards Viktoria who is now kicking the guy on the ground. "Stupid little bitch!" she yells as she kicks him. "Alright, calm down gi- Woah!" Nate exclaims, narrowly dodging her Katana slice. "What are you doing!" Taylor yells at her. "W-what, he looked like the guy on the ground just then" She says in defense. My brain starts to piece a few things together just then. "This isn't too good" I say.

"What's not good"Juno says jumping at my leg. "Viktoria, what do you see right now?" I ask her. "You guys standing there with the animals" She says. "Anything else?" I ask. "Some cars driving down the street, an airplane flying, and..... A snake!" she shouts, bringing her Katana down right next to Charlyse's foot. "Ahh!" Charlyse yelps, jumping back. "She's hallucinating" I say in a somber tone. "So, now her mind is starting to break down" Taylor says. "So everyone is going to turn out crazy" she says, hanging her head low. "Not if we can find the fix to this, and I have a suspicion that these cultists have that in a lab somewhere" I say.

"It's worth a try" Nate says. "Hey, I found something" Hannah says, rummaging around the man's body. "What is that?" I ask. "It's a note, it says 'meet me at the western shoemaker at midnight, bring a hostage'" she says. "That has to be a lab, no time to waaaaaa-" I say, dodging another Katana slash. "Th-there was wolf" She says innocently. "Let's get moving" I say. "Is there a map of the town, maybe we can find the shoemaker on it" Taylor asks. "Over here" Nikolai says, standing next to a map. "What a coincidence, almost like this was the plot to an adventure story" Nate says.