Promise

We appear back in the Council hall, both confused. "Did you know any of what he was talking about?" I ask Caoimhe. "Some of it, but the stuff about Tohu and Seder, i had no idea about" she replies visibly shaken. "That was the most powerful being on the planet, how are you not the least bit stirred?" she asks me. "I don't know, I felt a calmness when we were with him" I say. I didn't notice before, but time stood still around us. The Speaker still had his hand raised and his mouth open, the rest of the Council stuck in the same position they were. Even my friends were frozen.

In a mere moment however, everyone sprang to life. The Speaker lowered his arm and opened his mouth. "Caoimhe, you are to train and protect these few, i fear there will be tough times coming" the Speaker says. "All in favor of this motion, say aye" he says. Everyone on the Council said aye in a seemingly choreographed time. "What, what do you mean by these few" Caoimhe asks. "Your friend jack and his friends, we will need them fully trained" the Speaker says "You will stay here in the city, as you will have access to the most sophisticated training materials you will find".

"That is all, you are dismissed" he says, snapping his fingers. We slowly faded out of the room and into the large building we entered before. "That was..... unexpected" Charlyse says holding Hannah. "Yea, i didn't expect to be able to meet an old geezer that is the most powerful person on earth or something" Nate says with Michael on his shoulder. "You guys, go explore the city, i have to talk with Jack for a bit" Caoimhe says to my friends. "No fair, i wanna know things too, why does he get all the special shit" Taylor pouts. "You'll know later, just go" Caoimhe snaps. "Sure, i could use a look around" Nate says before walking away. The other three walk away shortly after, leaving me and Caoimhe alone.

Caoimhe leads me to a small room off to the side, empty but with a few chairs. I lean my left fist on the wall and put my head onto my fist. "Did you know?" i ask her quietly. "Did i know what?" she asks back. "Did you know about them eventually going insane" i say in a hushed tone. Caoimhe stays silent. "Answer me" i say. She stays silent. "Answer me!" i yell, punching the wall, leaving a large crater where my fist landed. Caoimhe flinched and began to speak "I-I had a theory". "Why didn't you tell me" i say sternly. She stayed silent. "I said, why didn't you tell me!" I scream, throwing a chair at the wall, obliterating it. "I didn't want you to worry about it, and I didn't know for sure" she says quietly.

"Goddammit Caoimhe, those are my friends, I've been knowing Nate ever since i was fourteen" i say but begin to choke. "And Taylor since I was fifteen, those two, their like the brother and sister i never had" i say, beginning to tear up. "Charlyse and Viktoria are close too, I've been knowing the both of them for almost five years now, and you think I wouldn't want to know if they were gonna go insane!" i exclaim, tears dropping on the floor. "I shouldn't have gone to that movie with them, I shouldn't have dragged them into this mess, this is my fault" i cry. "And those goddamn bastards that filled them up with that shit, they are the worst ones" i say trembling. "They-they're all gonna die, I'm going to slaughter anyone who works in the name of Arkyn, then I'm going to find that bitch and rip him apart" I spout angrily.

"Calm down, we are going to fix their problem, don't get-" she starts. "Your'e goddamned right we're gonna fix their problem" i interrupt her. "I understand your anger but, you need to calm down, acting this way will only lead to corruption" she says calmly. I grab a chair and crush the back of it in my hand. "I can't help it, i want to kill everyone associated with those bastards" I say angrily. Caoimhe stands up and grabs my hand on the chair. She grabs my face with her other hand and looks me straight in the eyes. "Calm down, we're going to win this, and your friends are gonna get healed" she says in a calm reassuring voice "I promise you, they won't get away with it". I start to calm down, feeling that she is right. "Thank you, you're probably right, everything will work out" I say with a smile.

"Good, good" she says smiling back. I look down at my hand to see hers on top of it. "Um, you wanna give me my hand back" I say to her. "Hmm" she says looking down "Oh, i forgot that i grabbed it, heat of the moment and all that" she chuckles. "Yeah, you wanna let go though" i say beckoning at her hand. "Oh yeah, you probably want that back, ummm here ya go" she says awkwardly laughing, taking her hand off. I look at her and begin to notice little details I hadn't before. "You know, your'e prettier than i realized" I tell her. "Oh uh thank you, lets uhh, lets go find you're friends right" she says stuttering and walking away. I follow her out of the room and back into the large building to enter the bustling city.