Attack on Reno

The next day, Caoimhe calls us all to a meeting in the dining hall. "It's four in the morning girl, what are we doing out here, i could be in bed getting no sleep" Nate says tiredly. "Shush, this is important" she snaps at him. "There was recently an attack on the zoo in Reno, and it smells of The Cult of Arkyn" she explains. "So there was an attack, what can we do about it" Taylor asks. "All of the animals were kidnapped" Caoimhe says "Now i know that doesn't sound important, but if this cult is in it then it's important to us". "So we're gonna beat up some bad guys and rescue some animals, i don't get why another team can't do this" Taylor asks. "Well, we're the only team in the state that isn't on damage control from these new artificial Sentinels going crazy" Caoimhe answers.

"So do we know where these guys are?" Nate asks. "We have some leads but we've narrowed it down to two locations, an abandoned amusement park and a large cellar underneath a hotel building" she says. "So which one are we going to first" Charlyse asks. "Both, we're gonna split up, you guys take one and i'll take the other" our mentor says. "Which one do we get" Nate asks curiously. "Whichever one you want" she answers. "Well in that case, we'll take the amusement park" Nate says turning around to smile at me. I look at him with a clearly annoyed face "I swear to God, if you scare me with a clown mask i'll kick your ass" i say. Everyone laughs at that point and stands up.

"So you're scared of clowns" Caoimhe jests. "Shut up, let's get ready if we know where we're going" i say walking to my room. I step in and grab my phone and wallet, along with an old bomber jacket. I stop by the bathroom to brush my teeth and freshen up when Nate walks in already dressed and ready. "How you doin big guy" he laughs, lightly punching me in the side. "Ah come on, you don't have to do that" i say blocking my side. "You know i live to annoy you" he says smiling. "You think we'll do ok on this little trip" he asks. "Yea i think we'll do fine, apparently we work well together, nothing we can't handle" i say brushing my long black hair.

"Let's see if the others are ready i say walking out of the bathroom. We turn into the dining hall to see the four others waiting for us. "You guys take forever to get ready" Taylor says. "Ironic" Nate says snickering "Weren't we late for a football game cuz you took an hour to get ready". "That's not important" she says in defense. "Is everyone read- holy crap that eye looks bad" i say looking at Viktoria. "It'll heal, don't worry about it" she says. "Yea i don't believe you, but you aren't gonna let anyone check on it are you?" i ask. "Nope" she says cheerfully. "Alright, let's get going guys" Caoimhe says, leading us out the door.

"So the abandoned amusement park is right off the interstate about twenty miles south from here" Caoimhe says "Well, i'll be off, call me when you guys find or don't find anything" Before she flies off i grab her arm. "Hey, be careful there" i say to her. "Don't worry about me, this'll be easy" Answers with a smile. I let go of her arm and she flies up to the clouds. "Well, we have a trek to the car, let's go" Nate says walking to the path down the mountain. After a while we come up to the car. "Alright, i'm driving" Nate says rubbing the hood of the car. We pile in as Nate starts the engine, pulling out of the path and onto the interstate.

It's about nine in the morning now as the hot Nevada sun beats down on the car. "So, you guys think this is another test" Viktoria asks from the back. "Nah, not another one" i say from the front passenger side. "If it's another test then i'll be ma-" Nate says but stops as the car starts to make some unhealthy noises. "Ah shit" he says pulling over. We get out and lift up the hood to release a large cloud of smoke. "Oh hell" i say coughing. Nate messes around with the engine and says "It's blown, looks like we have to walk the rest of the way". "Walk in this heat, twenty miles?" Charlyse asks. "Unfortunately yes" Nate answers.

"I'll keep us cool with some wind" i say, waving my hand to one side making the wind pick up. The walk there takes about ten hours as we find ourselves arriving around six o'clock, with the sun already setting in this October day. "Great, creepy amusement park at night, how fun" i say as we walk in. "Find something that looks like it's a big building or leads underground" Nate says. We look around for about an hour when i find some sort of note. Closed sunday. "Well, that was no help" i say looking up from the note. "Jesus fucking chr-" i say as i come face to face with a clown mask. "Nate you asshole" I say as i snatch the mask t reveal him laughing hysterically. "Hey guys, i found some stairs leading under this funhouse" Viktoria shouts from behind the wooden structure. We all go over to find some stairs with a light at the bottom lit up.

"This has to be it, come on" i say going down the stairs. It rounds a corner to reveal a long staircase going down at least fifty feet to a metal door. We head down and make it to the door when Charlyse pipes up "Don't you guys think this is dangerous". Me and Nate both went to push the door but stopped and turned to her and said simultaneously "Yes, yes we do" before immediately shoving the door open. It opens up to a large square, brightly lit white room with three long corridors in the middle, left and right. "Wow, we're gonna have to split up" Nate says. "I take Charlyse, no one else can have her" Taylor says holding on to Charlyse. "I'll go with Nate i guess" Viktoria says standing next to him. "Alright, i'm alone, like always" i say before walking to the entrance to the middle corridor.

Nate and Viktoria take right and Charlyse and Taylor take left. "If any one gets in trouble, call our phones immediately" I say to everyone. "Turn on your trackers" Nate says. I pick up my phone and press a button on the side. "Alright, everyone stay safe" i say before walking down the corridor. "This is gonna be one hell of a ride" i say to myself coming up to a metal door.