Into the Flames

The shoe maker is surprisingly close to where we were. "Another coincidence, almost like we had some idiot writing in all these conveniences for us" Nate says while we walk towards the shop. "What are you going on about?" I ask him. "Oh nothing, thinking about breaking walls" he says. "Weirdo" I say as we walk. The shoe maker building was small and square, made of red brick. "Alright, I have a plan" I say. "I shape shift into that dead guy, and bring in Taylor as a hostage" Charlyse says. "I make an illusion to distract whoever is inside" Taylor says. "I blink you and I in and we all kick ass ad infiltrate the lab" Nate says. "Way to steal my thunder guys" I say.

Charlyse shifts into the would be kidnapper, her bones elongating and her skin changing. The resemblance is uncanny. "Alright, this'll work" I say. Charlyse and Taylor walk to the front of the store with illusion ropes around her hands. They enter the building and out of my view.

(Charlyses perspective)

We enter the building through the front door with Taylor right in front of me. "This is kinky" she says. My face gets red before i snap out of it. "Don't do that, we'll get caught!" i whisper in her ear. I walk in a bit further and hear a voice. "Ah, you came" The man says rounding the corner. "With a hostage no less, brilliant" he says. His accent was posh British and slightly unnerving, almost like talking to a convicted murderer. His smile was poisonous and his teeth were sharp. His hair was an off blond, not quite blond but not quite brown. His eyes were hazel and his skin was light. He was wearing a black coat with work pants and combat boots.

"I got you a hostage, now what do we do?" I ask him while imitating the dead man's voice. "Now is where the fun part begins" he says with a sly smile. He takes out a remote and presses a button, opening a part of the floor up to reveal a white staircase. He begins to walk down but stops. "Do you remember the passcode i told you on Tuesday?" he asks me. I stay silent. "Surely you didn't forget, you're the only one i told, and you can't get down here without telling me" he says with a smile. He starts back up the staircase and steps back on the floor i'm on. "What's the matter, this is very important" he says as his smile drops.

"I'm thinking" i tell him in that voice. "Did you hit puberty in the last three days, because your voice is a lot deeper than last i talked to you" he says with his smile starting back up. "The code please" he says in full smile. He whips out a knife that looked like a reptile scale and lunged at me with a maniacal smile. "I don't like imitators" he says with a forked tongue hanging out of his mouth. I jump back and Taylor makes illusory flames go up all over the place. "Gaaah!" he screams with the flames all over him. He smiles again when he realizes he is under no harm. He lunges at us again before getting tackled by the sudden appearance of Jack.

(Jack"s perspective)

Nate, Viktoria, and I blink into the building when we see the flames. I immediately land in to see some snakey guy with a knife attacking Charlyse and Taylor. I charge in and ram him with my shoulder, pinning him to the wall. "The door is closing" Nate says pointing at the floor. He blinked in the animals who then ran to the closing floor to try and keep it open. The snake man wrestles with me and tries to get to my neck with his teeth. "Guys, keep that door open" i say while struggling with this man. Taylor, Charlyse, Viktoria and Nate run to hold the floor open with the animals, barely keeping it at bay.

"Let me taste that skin you indolent bastard" the snake man says still trying to bite me. I struggle and switch between keeping his mouth away and keeping his blade away. "Stop trying to bite me you freak" i say before wrapping my arms around him and throwing him to the ground. He stands up instantly and gets in a defensive position. "Alright, we gonna have a fight then" i say, making a steel shield on my left arm. I charge my right arm with lightning and get in a fighting stance.

I run at him, shield raised in an attempt to end this quickly with a lighting strike to the chest. He spits a green liquid at me which hist my shield. It starts melting the steel and i feel it melting as if it was my skin. "Ahhhh!" i scream, converting my arm to water and shooting out the liquid. "You little asshole" i say before charging again. I bound for him, striking for his chest, but he dodges and rakes his knife across my face. "Oh you little shit" I say as my wound closes up near instantly. The man licks the blood off his knife and laughs. "You taste nice, let me have more" he says before he grows scales and his eyes grow slits.

I lunge at him with my lighting encased arm, ready to put him down. I strike in but he seems to bend his torso around, dodging. I slash and swipe at him with the same result; he keeps dodging and bending around. "Alright, new plan" I say. I jump back and form my arm into ice. I raise it and shoot razor sharp ice shards at the man. He spits his acid like saliva at them, melting them in an instant. "No fair" he says "You don't get to use multiple powers". I get an idea. "Melt these you freak" I say firing off multiple ice shards. He spits on them all but they keep coming like a machine gun. I control the wood flooring underneath him with my other hand and form it into a spear without his knowledge. I raise that hand up quickly as he realizes and looks down quickly. The spear raises straight through his mouth, impaling him and splattering his brains.

I grab the remote that fell out of his pocket and open the door in the floor, with the others relieved of their burden. "Well, that could've gone better" Charlyse says. "We didn't know anything about a password, you did fine my love" Taylor says hugging Charlyse. "That doesn't seem like a pleasant way to die" Viktoria says looking at the snake guy. "Tough bastard" I say huffing and puffing. We gather our composure and get ready to enter the lab.