The Day Gets Weirder

I stand up as quickly as i can and run to Nate's side. "Wake up man" I say to him, lightly slapping him in the face. He stays unconscious through it all, frustrating me. I scoop him up and place him back on the bed. "I have to get help" I think to myself frantically. I look around the room to try and find some sort of communication device but to no avail. "Fuck!" i scream in frustration. Out of the corner of my eye, i see the body of a doctor as an idea hits me. I walk quickly over to the doctor's body and begin searching him. "Shit, not here either" i say when i find nothing. I search the other bodies but the same result ends up everytime.

Suddenly i hear something enter the room. I quickly spin around with my arm as a steel blade raised in defense. What i see shocked me; it was a finch. "What the hell" i say, turning my arm back to normal. "Well hey there little guy, where did you come from" i ask the bird. "I came from your mother's ass ya moron" it says in a Brooklyn accent. I jump back in shock and say "You can talk!". "Nah i attached a speaker inside this bird's mouth and i'm in a hidden antarctic bunker here to save you from whatever dilemma you're in" the bird says. We stare at each other in silence for a few seconds before he pipes up "Of course i can talk you dumb ass oaf, that's what i'm doing right now". "Don't get snappy with me or i'll fry you like a chicken" i say to him. "Whoa, let's not get hasty man" he says.

"Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Michael and i'm a Sentinel" he says. "I didn't know there were animal Sentinels" i say. "There aren't any, these dumbass doctors decided to do some weird ass ritual that put me into this bird" Michael explains. "They did it to three other Sentinels too: Nikolai, Hannah, and Juno" he says. As he says that, a tiger cub, fox, and a ferret enter the room. "Ugh, i can't believe i'm a rodent, this is nasty" says the ferret in a valley girl accent. "Deal with it Hannah, we're all animals right now and complaining won't make anything better" says the tiger in a light russian accent. "Woohooooooo!" says the fox who is running around and jumping. "Calm down Juno, we aren't free yet" the tiger says. "Shush Nikolai, i want to ruuuuun" Juno says while running and rolling around. "Well, now that you've met us, you got a plan on getting out of here" Michael asks me.

I stand there flabbergasted. "Ok this is weird as hell" i say. "Come on, we haven't got all day asshole" the finch says to me. "Alright alright, if we make it outside then i can call for help" i say. "If i had a phone" i add. "Here ya go mister" Juno says in a high pitched, excited voice while dragging out a phone from a corpse. I pick it up and check the battery. The battery is fully charged miraculously. "Alright but, i need to get my friends out too" i say to Michael. "We've got that covered, you go outside" he says to me. "How are you guys gonna-" i say but am cut off by Michael. "Don't worry about that, just go get help" he says. "Alright i'll go" i say walking off.

I exit through a door on the left side into a corridor. I run down the corridor and smash through the door at the end. I come to find the room we first entered into and begin to get excited. I run up the stairs and make it outside. "Fuck yes!" i scream into the abandoned carnival. I flip open the phone and dial Caoimhe's number. "Come on, come on and answer" i say impatiently. "Jack, what do you need?" she asks when she picks up. "Come to the carnival, the lab is here and the others are hurt" i say "And there's a surprise" i say thinking about the animal Sentinels. "Alright, i'll be there as soon as i can with a couple of teams" she says. "Alright, hurry girl, they're all really hurt" i say. She hangs up as i am left in silence.

A few minutes later, the others come up, but a bit different. "What the fuck is this now!" i exclaim seeing Michael as a large eagle, carrying Nate. "Well, our Sentinel powers kinda manifested weirdly" he says "I can form into pretty much every avian species". Nikolai comes out as a fully grown Siberian tiger with blue fur and black stripes carrying Viktoria on his back. "Nikolai got feline" Michael continues. Juno comes out as a large Mastiff carrying Taylor. "She got canines" Michael says. Hannah comes out as a huge capybara carrying Charlyse. "And she got rodents" Michael finishes. "Ugh, this is so gross" Hannah says. "Woof" Juno says putting Taylor on the ground and chasing her tail. "Here we go again, complaining and excitement" Nikolai says "Juno, don't leave her on the ground".

"This is crazy, this is really crazy" i say pacing around. "Really dude" Michael says. "You can create and shift into so many crazy things and you're calling this crazy" he continues. "You're gonna see much crazier in your time as a Sentinel" he finishes. They place the ones they are carrying onto tables near us and shift back into the other forms. "It's more comfortable this way" Nikolai says, seeing my looking in confusion. I sigh and say "Wait until Caoimhe sees this".