The Animals

(Viewpoint of Taylor)

I walk down to the door at the end of the corridor to find it stuck. "Well, that's disappointing" i say pouting. Charlyse points at the upper hinge on the door "There's a piece of metal stuck in there" she says. I look up to see a wedge shaped shard stuck in the hinge. I jump trying to reach it but fail. "I hate being short" i say angrily. "I got it" Charlyse says jumping up and jarring it out. She looks at me and smiles. "Come on love, let's get going" i say opening the door. We walk out into another long corridor with rooms on each side. "This is a bigger place than i thought it would be" i say while walking down the corridor with Charlyse. There were whiteboards on each door stating what the room was being used for.

"Extreme temperature testing" Charlyse reads off a board. "Used patients" i read off another. "This place is creepy" I say. We walk further down the corridor as i see a room titled "Animal testing room". "This must be it" i say excitedly. I open the door to see operating tables with various animals on them. There were syringes and tubes running from each of them. "What the hell" i say in horror. "These assholes just leave these poor animals like this" i say in anger. "They think they can just leave them here with needles sticking in them and in pain and why are they doing this in this first place and-" i was saying but was cut off by Charlyse. "Sweetie, focus, we need to get the others so we can get all these animals out of here" she said.

"You're right, thank you for snapping me out of that" i say. I reach into my pocket and take out my phone. "That's weird, i have no service" i say. "I don't have service either" Charlyse says looking at her phone. "Let's go find them" i say walking to the door. I go to push on the door but find it locked. "Shit" i say. "What's this button" Charlyse says looking at a button next to the door. She presses it and a puff of air blows into her face. "Ew, that smells sour" she says. All of a sudden she falls to the ground, unconscious. "Charlyse!" i exclaim, rushing to her side. I inhale a small bit of the sour gas but hold my breath while checking her vitals. "She's still alive and breathing" i think to myself. I start to get dizzy as i try to stand up and eventually fall to the ground. I'm conscious but can't move or speak.

About ten minutes later, a group of people walk in. "Ah, there they are" one of them says. They pick us up and walk out of the room. I want to fight back but can't move. I move my eyes to Charlyse and see her completely out cold. I look to the men and see a few in lab coats and a few in military like outfits. One of them was wearing a large jacket with jeans. A few moments later, the men bring us into a large room with four operating tables. There were already two full. They set us down in the empty ones and stick us with syringes. I look to the left of me and see two familiar people on those tables. "Nate, Viktoria" i manage to whisper out. One of the men must've heard my because he came over and injected me with a liquid. I eventually passed out and became numb.