Friendly Teamwork

My vision comes back to see my friends clashing with a brute of a man. He is surprisingly fast for his size and seems very skilled at hand to hand combat. "Give me back my gun!" Charlyse yells at the man, who had gotten her revolver away from her. Nate tries to sneak behind him to no avail "I see you boy" the brute said before encasing Nate in a block of ice. I start to get to my feet when i see Taylor shoot a barrage of bullets at the man. Raising a thick ice shield to block them, he says "You bastards are starting to get on my nerves". He waves his hand towards Taylor, forming ice crystals coming out of her gun, jamming it. "Damn it, they won't shoot" she says pulling the trigger.

The brute forms ice on the ground and slides forwards to Viktoria faster than seems normal. "Ahhhhh!" Viktoria screamed as she received an elbow strike to the face as he slid past her. I make my way to Nate and start to thaw him out with fire. Taylor runs at the man and tackles him to the ground before he throws her off into a wall. Nate becomes completely thawed out and says "Thanks man". "How are we gonna beat this guy" he asks. "I have one idea, but i'm not sure how to get it to the others without warning Mr Ice over there" i respond. "Tell me then" Nate says. "Alright basically, Viktoria engages in a sword fight to keep him busy, then Charlyse and Taylor jump on his back to unbalance him" i say "After that, you and I sneak to the far end of the room behind him, where i launch you at his legs, sweeping him to the ground". "And from there we are all on top of him with weapons pointed at him, forcing him to surrender, nice plan" Nate says patting my shoulder.

"How are we getting it to the others?" i ask. "Ah, leave that to me" he says sneaking off to Viktoria, who is helping Taylor. He says some words to the two very quietly that i can't hear, but they seemed to get it. Charlyse and the brute are in a grapple, that Charlyse seems to be quickly losing. I sprint to them, crashing into the man with my shoulder, sending us both through the wall and falling a sixty foot drop to the ground. I hit the ground with my back, sending a sharp jolt of pain throughout. The brute recovers first walking over to me while i'm trying to get up. "Pathetic worm" he says before kicking me in the jaw, sending me straight back to the ground. "You put up no fight, killing you was boring" he says standing over me with an icy spear to my forehead. He raises the spear to plunge it into my head when a dagger flies into his wrist. "Arrrrggh!" the brute screams, grasping his wrist with his other hand. The spear dropped, landing just next to me. I look up to see Nate had just thrown his weapon at the enemy.

The others follow closely behind him while they sped to me. I sweep kick the brute and quickly stand up and race to my friends. The brute gets up and creates a sword and shield of ice. "Do they know the plan?" i ask Nate. "Yea, they got it" he answers. "Alright, let's get this started" i say. Viktoria advanced to the brute with her katana raised. "Let me take care of that shield first" i say raising my palm to face the brute. I focus a gout of fire and blast it at the shield, melting it down. Before the brute can make another one, Viktoria engages him with her sword. "Alright, our turn" Taylor says as she and Charlyse run at the brute, now with three people to defend against.

"You ready?" i ask Nate. "Don't worry about me dude, just throw me hard enough" he responds. "Alright, let's go then" i say as we start to sneak along the sides of the ensuing battle. Viktoria keeps up pretty well parrying and blocking, but if it wasn't for Taylor and Charlyse keeping him occupied as well, the brute would have bested her by now. Nate and i position ourselves behind the enemy and get ready to attack. "Take this, it'll keep you from getting banged up" i say to him as i form a rubber shield to give him. "Thanks man, always looking out for my safety, like the time you almost electrocuted me in the pool" he retorts. "You still haven't gotten over that, it's been 4 months man" i say "Anyways, get ready".

I grab Nate by the waist and get him to my shoulder, readying him like a javelin. "Oh boy, if i hadn't become a Sentinel then you'd feel a hell of a lot heavier" i say. "Shut up and throw me man" he said back. I cock back and aim for the brutes legs, waiting for the perfect moment to launch. "You know, this could kill you" i say. "Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaat" Nate says as i launch him. "Look out!" i yell to the other three, just before Nate collided with the enemy's legs. Viktoria, Charlyse, and Taylor jump out of the way as Nate hits the ground, skidding on the rubber shield and hitting the brute, making him flip in the air before landing hard on his back. Viktoria and i rush to the brute, her pointing the katana at his neck and I pointing a steel arm blade at his forehead. Charlyse had recovered her revolver and aimed at the brute and Taylor's guns had thawed so she could point at him as well.

"It's over, give up" i say to him. "Bunch of feckless assholes" he says, putting his hands in the air. Nate runs up to us and says "Oh, what'd i miss". "Alright, where's Caoimhe" i ask, pressing my blade on his skin. All of a sudden his arms drop and his body goes limp. "What the hell just happened" Taylor says confused. "You dumb ass, what did you do" she yells at me before picking up a rock and throwing it at me. "Hey i didn't do anything!" i exclaim. A familiar voice says "Well, you did pretty well, you all did pretty well". At that, we all turn around to face the voice and become surprised and more confused.