Procedures

(Point of view: Nate)

Viktoria and I go through the large metal door at the end of the corridor to reveal ......... another corridor. This one, however, was decorated with all sorts of pictures and whiteboards. "Genetic altering room" i say reading a whiteboard hanging on a door. "Hydrochloric acid reactions room" Viktoria reads from another with a shudder. "Look for something like animal holding or something" i say to Viktoria. Walking further down the corridor we find a room with a double door on the right side of the hall. "Máttur excising room" i read off of the whiteboard. "What the hell is that" i ask Viktoria. "Your guess is as good as mine" she responds. "I wanna find out" I say, grabbing the door handle. "That's not a good idea" she says grabbing my arm. "Come on, it probably means farming or some stupid crap like that" i say. "You know it's something wor-" she says but stops as i open the door.

It opens to a large brightly lit room with lines of curtains that looks like a medical ward. "Well, this is interesting" i say walking around. "Hey, look what i found" i say holding up an eyepatch. "You know, that would actually help, gimme" she says holding out her hand. I toss it to her and make my way to one of the curtains. "Ah, much better" she says strapping it around her head and over her eye. She walks over to me and says "Well, what are you waiting for, you wanted to know what this room was for" she says. "Well, let's find out" i reply.

I open the curtain to reveal a grotesque scene. A man, or what's left of him, laying in a medical bed with his arms raised up. There were at least six needles in each arm, running down the length of them. His skin was a pale grey, as if his soul had been sucked out of him. There were many deep cuts all over, revealing major organs that were dried and shriveled. "What the hell" Viktoria says in disgust. "What kinda Nazi shit is this" i say walking to the back of the man. "Um, there's a tank of blood here" i say to Viktoria. "What messed up shit were these guys up to" she says in a scared tone.

I look at the table next to the bed and see a clipboard with written notes on it. "September 12th, 2021: Preliminary tests show that Sentinel powers are held in their DNA, and we have figured out a way to excise them from other Sentinels. September 14th, 2021: The first excision procedure was a success, however, when we were taking the blood from the Sentinel it destabilized and ruptured the DNA. We are currently testing ways to stabilize it in the future. September 19th, 2021: We have found that hydrochloric acid works as a great stabilizer and are going ahead with a procedure tomorrow. September 20th, 2021: Procedure was a success, the blood was stabilized but caused a great amount of pain to the operatee. We also managed to replace a patient's blood with this blood, also caused great pain. The patient went insane and killed four scientists before we stopped him. Must do more research on how these Sentinels stay sane." I read from the clipboard.

"I don't think we should be here" Viktoria says. "There's more" i say. "September 24th, 2021: We have found enzymes found in the Liver, Heart, Stomach, Kidneys, and reproductive organs of Sentinels that keep them sane. We are currently extracting these enzymes and are hoping to use it on a patient. October 2nd, 2021: We are back in the lab after a long search for Sentinels. We captured twenty four of them and are going to operate on them tomorrow. October 3rd, 2021: We have operated on all of them and have large reserves of their blood in stock, ready to empower individuals with power like they've never felt." I read out. "October 3rd, that was last week!" Viktoria exclaims. "This body doesn't look a week old" she says touching the man's arm.

A sharp gasp comes from his mouth as his eyes fling open and he grabs Viktoria by the arm saying "Sors d'ici, ils font des choses horribles, sors!". I, by instinct, draw my dagger and plunge it into the man's chest. He let's out one last gasp of air and dies. I cut off the hand that had Viktoria in it's grasp. "Hey, you alright" i ask her, seeing the marks now on her arm. "Yea, i'll be fine, but what did he say" she asks. "I-it was french, get out of here, they do horrible things, get out" I tell her. "Alright, it's time to get out of here" she says pulling out her phone. "No signal, usually i have signal from anywhere" she says holding the phone higher. I pull out my phone and see the same thing. "I don't have a signal either, aren't these specially made to make calls from the bottom of the ocean" i ask. "Yea they are, it's not normal for this to happen" she says.

"Let's go find the others" i say walking out of the room. We race to the end of the corridor and open the door to see a group of men. "Ah, so here are the intruders" the most prominent one says. I draw my dagger and Viktoria draws her katana. "You won't get away with anything down he-" she says but gets cut off by a security club hitting her in the back of the head. "What the h-" i say turning around to see a large man before i am knocked out cold.