Chapter 2:

*Edited*

After finally arriving to class—late of course due to my encounter with the boys—I just sat down besides my best friend, Emily.

"Hey. . .Why were you late today?" she whispered in my ear, as we heard the teacher explaining the lesson. I stared at my fingers, biting my lower lip as I tried to come up with an excuse. I don't want her to worry about me.

I couldn't think of anything, she would figure it out anyway, so I go instead with, "I think you know why" I tried to avoid eye comtact with her at all times.

"Why you let them treat you like that? You need to stand up for yourself. They just can't treat you like crap and en get away with it. . .You're so strong for putting up with them. I always admired that from you" she said. I smiled at her words.

"You need to talk about it, with your mom, principal, even the school counselor. If they keep bothering you like that, and you don't do anything, everything will get worse" she said, patting my shoulder. I nodded slowly, but remained in silence. Suddenly, I felt how a paper hit the back of my head. I turned around, and looked at the boys acting like nothing happened. I bend down and picked the note up. Emily reads it with me.

"Go die, you loser! There's no space in this school for you, or in this world"

–Xo Nash.

I rolled my eyes, so did Emily. Is it so hard to actually say something nice? Are they really that bored with their own lives. I wrinkled the note, stood up from my chair, and placed the crumbled piece of paper in Nash's desk. He smirked evilly and winked at me. I let go a heavy sigh and went back to my seat. What is this guy's problem!? I never do anything to bother him, or the other jerks. Out of all the people in this damn school. . .Why me!?

The day passed by really fast, it only consisted of me trying to avoid the gang for as much as possible. We bumped with each other from time to time. But, our encounter would last no more than three seconds, they would just harshly push me out of the way, or throw my books to the ground.

When I got home, I saw my mom worried packing her clothes in a suitcase. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I stared at her.

"Mom, where are you going?" I asked while helping her packing.

"Out of town for a little while. . .Is something with the business". I nodded understandingly, but still with shock. I'll have to stay by myself in this huge house?

Noticing my worried expression, she kept going, "You will be staying with a friend of mine that offered herself to take care of you".

"Who?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"You'll see. . .I'm taking you there right now" she said closing her last bag. I went upstairs and packed as quickly as possible. In the way there, she told me I would stay in her friend's house, for like a month. A month! I'll have to be in a stranger's house for a freaking month! It makes me want to talk to her boss and demand him/her to answer me why the hell does he need my mom for that much time?

When we got there, my mom killed the engine, and we stayed a few moments in silence.

"I know you will be just fine" she smiled warmly at me. I stared out the window and then back at her, I didn't wanted her to leave. And all of this was so sudden.

"I'm scared" I admitted, fidgeting with my fingers. She placed her hand on my knee.

"If it's about those kids that bully you, I know you will be strong, and if you need help, you will go for it. You don't have to go to school afraid, it pains me to see you that way"

"I don't know why do they do this, I've never done anything to deserve this. I wake up every day with sweat and shaky hands, woth just the bare thought of bumping with any of them. . .Mom, don't leave me. Who else is going to listen to me whenever I come from school?"

She stared into my eyes, concern and guilt was plastered on her delicate features.

"Sweetie, I have to, but that doesn't mean that I will leave forever. I'm just a call away, alright?" She said and hugged me, I hugged her back tightly, inhaling her scent I came to love so much. She rubbed my back soothingly, and then placed a sweet kiss on my forehead, smiling at me one last time.

"I love you" she said.

"I love too, mom" I replied. I got out of the car and waved at her. I stared at how she started vanishing little by little, until she was completely gone. I took a long breath and started walking towards my new temporal home. I lightly knocked on the door, and waited for a reply. After a few minutes later, someone opened the door. I gapsed mervously as I stared at the person in front of me. My lip started trembling and my legs quivering.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

________________________________________________

{A/N~ Sorry if it was too short, I just felt like what is coming next deserves it's own chapter. Hope you like it so far. Comment & Vote!}